BASSBREAKER

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

aen
Turdscreamer

BASSBREAKER

Post by aen »

So I have this young brother in law, he's like 27? And I've been long term loaning him amps and guitars for a few years. Today we did a swap, he's taking care of my Twin Reverb now, and I got my bassbreaker back! 45 watts of tube terror into two twelves. Hopefully this guy will rule the school for my grouchy new wave band.

(PS, hope I did an OK image upload, it's been a while.)
72089525362__9C99E786-1B92-44B8-A1AA-A89E0B488A41.jpeg
72089525362__9C99E786-1B92-44B8-A1AA-A89E0B488A41.jpeg (4.11 MiB) Viewed 354 times
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Re: BASSBREAKER

Post by Bacchus »

This is Fender's take on a Marshall JTM45 sort of deal, isn't it?

I'd be interested to know how you get on. When they first came out, I sort of didn't like the idea of this amp because Marshall already make something that sounds like a Marshall, and I really didn't like the aesthetics for some reason (looks a bit too 80s modern somehow).

It looks much, much better with a hole in the grill cloth.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

My bandmate uses one of these and it sounds ace. Not sure if it's the Bassbreaker in general, or just his specific amp, but it feeds back in a really specific way which he hasn't been able to recreate whenever he's had to use a different rig. Enjoy!
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

They’ve definitely got that Marshall-ish flavour too them. Kinda like the way they look. I nearly brought the small head they did in them until I found the Marshall origin 20 head.

Still pissed my ex-bandmates for convincing me to get rid of my JTM45 and go back to the Dual Terror.
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

Freddy V-C wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:52 am it feeds back in a really specific way which he hasn't been able to recreate whenever he's had to use a different rig. Enjoy!
I can relate to that. My classic player strat has this magic sweet spot for feedback on the neck pickup that any other guitar I’ve owned/played doesn’t have. It desperately needs a setup and some TLC but worried that it might lose its mojo if it does.
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

I still don’t know if it’s good for my band because the other guy GOT THE FLU so I guess we’re going to find out when we sound check for the show on Saturday. Living on the edge, Aerosmith style.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury