Orange Supercrush Adventures

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

aen
Turdscreamer

Orange Supercrush Adventures

Post by aen »

Y'AAAALLLLLL I recently got an Orange Supercrush head. Actually, the other guitarist in my band got one too. On the same day. We are amp twinsies.
I run mine into the same mystery 1x15" cabinet that I've been rocking pretty much since I started rocking. Jaime (my amp twinsie) uses a homemade 2x12.

ANYWAY The amp is like, really good. The clean channel was a welcome change from my twin reverb which can be too spiky sometimes. The dirt channel is also super fun. It's a totally different flavor than I've ever played before. I'm told it's very "Orange." FAIR WARNING THOUGH: The dirty channel has a HUUUUUUUGE bass cut, so it's of no use on the bass guitar. It's been fun to play guitars into it and experiment with less bottomy distortion tones than I'm used to. I recorded like 15 tracks of it on Monday, so I'll let you know how it mixes.

I play baritone, bass, and guitar in this project, so I'm usually on the clean channel where I can use pedals for distortion. Don't let anyone tell you it isn't "enough" for bass. We play fucking LOUD and I could just about bore a hole through the wall with the bass thunder. We haven't gigged yet so this report is incomplete.

Yours Truly
Aen
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
mickie08

Re: Orange Supercrush Adventures

Post by mickie08 »

nice. I have always heard good things about them. If I ever go back to actual amps may have to check one out.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...