Wah lube?

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Aug
Best Poster 2010

Post by Aug »

Mike wrote:
Aug wrote:3-n-1 drop oil...you can find it in any hardware store or even grocery.
You suggested this. It is a shit suggestion. You don't know what you're talking about.

Shut. Up.
a single drop would lube that pedal perfectly...and lithium grease would be a bit more difficult to get in there.

So, you shut up.
handen

Post by handen »

Well I guess I'm off to Canadian Tire to see what they can do for me.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Aug wrote:
Mike wrote:
Aug wrote:3-n-1 drop oil...you can find it in any hardware store or even grocery.
You suggested this. It is a shit suggestion. You don't know what you're talking about.

Shut. Up.
a single drop would lube that pedal perfectly...and lithium grease would be a bit more difficult to get in there.

So, you shut up.
Seriously you have NO idea what you're on about.

Have you owned a Wah pedal or Expression pedal using the plastic cog and train system? It comes lubed with Vaseline - it is the only lubrication that will say adhered to the treadle mechanism for long enough to provide a constant solution.

You really need to learn to take advice from other people when you're wrong, it's a bad character trait. Talk to Andy - he just got an expression pedal recently and threw vaseline onto it as it came unlubed by accident.

3-in-1 is completely inappropriate to the task
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I would imagine that Vaseline, or some sort of comparably viscous lubricant would be best, better than WD40 or 3 in 1 anyway.
Tex-czech

Post by Tex-czech »

ugh. CRC product. crc 2-26. home depot.
-Joe
Tex-czech

Post by Tex-czech »

google it :wink:
-Joe
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

WHITE LITHIUM GREASE! thats the only thing you should use.

It will stick, won't drip off under friction or gravity. ITs whats used stock.

Vasoline? I dunno about, if you play the crap out of your wah, the vasoline could break down under heat (friction) but then you'd have to be a really crazy jimi hendrix wah freak player to really do that. :lol:
handen

Post by handen »

Couldn't find lithium grease for the time being, so I just took some of the extra gunk from the cog on my Dunlop wah and slapped it onto the cog in this old one. Works a little better, but I'll still be on the lookout for lithium grease when I can get out of the house.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

handen wrote:Couldn't find lithium grease for the time being, so I just took some of the extra gunk from the cog on my Dunlop wah and slapped it onto the cog in this old one. Works a little better, but I'll still be on the lookout for lithium grease when I can get out of the house.
Go to an auto parts store or an automobile dealership's parts dept. they will have it. Or a hardware store.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Mike wrote:Talk to Andy - he just got an expression pedal recently and threw vaseline onto it as it came unlubed by accident.

3-in-1 is completely inappropriate to the task
The exp. pedal had the thick white gunk stuff on it, but obviously not enough in the right place. So I put some "3-In-One" oil on it we've had for about 20 years. Worked a treat, but it's not a standard wah pedal type setup.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

we should make a poll

i vote beer.

so beer has 2 votes.

beer has never failed me ever. and ive dumped beer on all kinds of stuff and it never broke anything ever. beer gets a bad rap.

BEER!
dots wrote:incesticide
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Is egg on my face or what?

Looks like White Lithium grease is the way to go, Vaseline was always fine for me on my Crybaby I maintain.

Rob is right though, beer is the affordable reliable option.
handen

Post by handen »

In lieu of any feasible sort of option, I just poured beer all over the circuit board to try and see if this helps with the roll of the cog thing. I hope this works, this pedal goes back to when Hendrix was still alive and it's all original so if you guys fucked me over with that "beer" option boy am I gonna be mad! :x