Cheap thrills.

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Cheap thrills.

Post by ultratwin »

You gotta wonder.

Demos somewhat unconvincing, but handmade in USA, True Bypass, and $35 usually don't appear in the same sentence.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

They should change the title of the page, it says they cost $30.
euan
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

the sounds dont thrill me...but they sure is pretty pedals.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

Hurb wrote:the sounds dont thrill me...but they sure is pretty pedals.
+1
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Shit. With the price of boxes and switches going down lately making the most mundane copy of a pedal out there is cheap, I bet his parts total $20 max for everything excluding labor. $15 profit per pedal is nice pocket change. I should do this to fund my original projects.

BTW Hurb I should just PM but I'll take this opportunity to derail a thread and say I got the second trem section working, I am going back to redo the first with some things I learned in the second and hopefully remove the buzzing noise. After that it's just adding vibrato, which I'm starting to think will be redundant with the high speed trem sounds. Then I'll be making new sound clips, getting approval, and on to actual construction.

And I have a new laser printer so I can actually make this one on PCB all pro-like.

Meanwhile.....anyone want to buy some generic pedals like these here for $30? I can probably do the same for less. And even make them sond better. I'm thinking about it, depends on the interest level.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

PenPen wrote:Shit. With the price of boxes and switches going down lately making the most mundane copy of a pedal out there is cheap, I bet his parts total $20 max for everything excluding labor. $15 profit per pedal is nice pocket change. I should do this to fund my original projects.

BTW Hurb I should just PM but I'll take this opportunity to derail a thread and say I got the second trem section working, I am going back to redo the first with some things I learned in the second and hopefully remove the buzzing noise. After that it's just adding vibrato, which I'm starting to think will be redundant with the high speed trem sounds. Then I'll be making new sound clips, getting approval, and on to actual construction.

And I have a new laser printer so I can actually make this one on PCB all pro-like.

Meanwhile.....anyone want to buy some generic pedals like these here for $30? I can probably do the same for less. And even make them sond better. I'm thinking about it, depends on the interest level.
excellent!!! :lol:
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

lol @ Passive Volume Control.

That's about $9 of parts.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

they look pretty high end, don't know about their sound, the mp3's dont work
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I fuckin' hate single dial FX if they're anything other than a volume booster.

"Want flexiblity? TOUGH SHIT GIVE US YOUR MONEEZ"
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

Thats just what they do whjen they have parts left over frome these:

I've got one of those on the way. BWAHAHHAHAHAHHA!
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
deadonkey
Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Post by deadonkey »

the crystal clean booster and clipping boost both sound nice to me.
everything is not going to be alright
paul_

Post by paul_ »

i like the clipping boost sample, though it reminds me of a lo-fi filter box that i got a schematic for out of a magazine and made for 15 bucks out of radio shack parts. i guess you get a groovier housing for it, and what is PROBABLY a more versatile control (though the clipping sound is probably always the same on this one). i'd sooner go with a PenPedal
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

Also they're in thr process ofmoving from tyexas to california, so if the thing you want is not int he store, it will eb a long goddman time before you can get one.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

aen wrote:Also they're in thr process ofmoving from tyexas to california, so if the thing you want is not int he store, it will eb a long goddman time before you can get one.
wtf typoz
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

PenPen wrote: Meanwhile.....anyone want to buy some generic pedals like these here for $30? I can probably do the same for less. And even make them sond better. I'm thinking about it, depends on the interest level.

DO IT
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
luke

Post by luke »

gaybear wrote:
PenPen wrote: Meanwhile.....anyone want to buy some generic pedals like these here for $30? I can probably do the same for less. And even make them sond better. I'm thinking about it, depends on the interest level.

DO IT
YES!

A good idea would be to offer a "DIY Kit" where you send out the circuitry in a jiffy bag to save weight and mass for cheaper postage, so all we have to do is buy an enclosure. Well, for us Brits that'd be a good idea anyway.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

effectors pwn. especially their shoe gazers and hand gazers.

http://www.gntguitars.com/Effector13.htm