Howd it go mike? Good Thanks - Pics and Clip inside - Mike

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Malik wrote:
Mike wrote:Um.. I'll wander down to my car at lunchtime and take a peek at the headstock, I'm thinking '96 off the top of my head though.
You keep it in your car? Dude, Pete Doherty is still around you know.
roffle.

It's outside my work in the car park, not parked on my old ghetto street in ealing at nighttime. That's Dohertyland - west london stylee.

In my car right now is:

Fender MIM Telecaster Deluxe
Fender CIJ Jazzmaster
Marshall 6100 100 W Valve Head
Marshall 1936 2x12"
and my pedalboard, cables and stuff

Hmm. I hope noone steals my car.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Hahah, fuckin' hell. I'd take all the easily liftable stuff into your work, fuck leaving ALL of that in the car.
luke

Post by luke »

You've got like your entire rig inside your car? That's er... kinda risky.

You better hope nobody crashes into the back of you at traffic lights or something either...
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

*shrug*

It's a car park off the beaten track on an industrial estate. But now you've all made me nervous so I guess I'll drop it home at lunchtime.
Tweez

Post by Tweez »

Mike wrote: It's a car park off the beaten track on an industrial estate.
Prime areas for theivery, definitely check up on it. Have you been doing this for a while?

EDIT: I think I got carried away, I saw it as some barren field with burned out cars in (a la the industrial estates in Hull), it's probably fine.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

That stuff is all now at home, I dropped it off.

What I meant was "not on a main road or area where people are wandering around a lot". it's pretty secure, car park with lots of cars and people from work wandering between our offices, CCTV cameras etc. However it's probably best that after band practise/gig nights (when I generally stay at my bass players' place and drive back in the morning) that I drop my stuff back home at lunchtimes.

Anyway, Jazzy is safe. I anticipate I'll add the pickups on Friday night, as it's valentine's tonight and football tomorrow night, I'll make some DI'd through Guitar Rig2 samples before and afterwards.
luke

Post by luke »

Mike wrote:That stuff is all now at home, I dropped it off.

What I meant was "not on a main road or area where people are wandering around a lot". it's pretty secure, car park with lots of cars and people from work wandering between our offices, CCTV cameras etc. However it's probably best that after band practise/gig nights (when I generally stay at my bass players' place and drive back in the morning) that I drop my stuff back home at lunchtimes.

Anyway, Jazzy is safe. I anticipate I'll add the pickups on Friday night, as it's valentine's tonight and football tomorrow night, I'll make some DI'd through Guitar Rig2 samples before and afterwards.
You are going to be so gutted if someone's nicked it all from your house. :lol:
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Clearly not, I have house insurance.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Mike wrote:Clearly not, I have house insurance.
Ah! Guitars are NOT covered on house contents insurance.....apparently. This is a massive concern of mine considering theres 7 Fenders, 1 Gibbo and 1 Tokai sat in my home. I just hope that if i am unlucky enough to be burgled the dumb bastards will nick my telly and dvd player!

You like the mucky pup cover then mike? teh coffee and tea stains are standard practice on new white pup covers here :D

When you do the upgrade let me know if you change the pots. I'm not clued up on this but someone mentioned better response with different value pots. Whether they mean the 'sweep' or in the actual bass frequencies i dont know.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Better bass response? That's an odd one.

Not covered? Contents is contents surely? I'll call up my insurance company and see what they have to say on the matter tonight.

I have a mortgage and buildings & contents insurance - that may have some bearing on it.
Tweez

Post by Tweez »

Mike wrote:Better bass response? That's an odd one.

Not covered? Contents is contents surely? I'll call up my insurance company and see what they have to say on the matter tonight.

I have a mortgage and buildings & contents insurance - that may have some bearing on it.
Yeah guitars should be covered by your contents insurance, my Jaguar is on ours atleast.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

According to my company my tools are'nt covered because they are classed as 'for commercial use' and my guitars are'nt either. I would need a seperate insurance.
I think it's because they are'nt general household goods. A similar situation: my friend has thousands of pounds worth of fishing tackle and he had to take a seperate insurance for that.
NickD

Post by NickD »

Fran wrote:According to my company my tools are'nt covered because they are classed as 'for commercial use' and my guitars are'nt either. I would need a seperate insurance.
I think it's because they are'nt general household goods. A similar situation: my friend has thousands of pounds worth of fishing tackle and he had to take a seperate insurance for that.
I said to my house insurance bods that I had a collection of guitars, and were they covered. As long as they are within the total amount covered, then they are insured.

Prudential BTW
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I changed the pickups!
Hear the difference here! Left click me you motherfuckers!

The new puppies fresh from Hurb and Shadow, note cloth wiring on the Vintage and big fat polepieces on the 1/4 pounder

Note that Fran is a fucking slob

Let's dance

Goodbye screws

Neck pickup connects here

Bridge goes here

Neck off

Neck replaced

All done. The sponges that fill the void under the pickups were glued to the stock pickups, I pulled them off and doublesided some insulation tape to hold them in place

Voila!

Hear the difference here! Left click me you motherfuckers!
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

I like Mike's guitars. His pedals can get fucked though.
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

awesome!!!

thanks for the pictures of the wiring, im gonna need those. it sounds pwny.

sexy accent. :lol:
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

theshadowofseattle wrote:I like Mike's guitars. His pedals can get fucked though.
Even the Memory Man? She cries
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Hell, half of our pedals we have in common. I was j/k lawling with you.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

we have impeccable pedaltaste.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

We are conneseiurs of fine pedals, unlike Hurb who just buys whatever he can get his mits on.