clone theory owners

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

kim
[='±'=]

clone theory owners

Post by kim »

give me a reason to spend the extra bucks on a theory instead of a small clone apart from the extra shaping buttons

:wink:

i can't find any decent demos of it so feel free to post links of demos, videos whatever, if you have the time and you also own a bass guitar, it'd be excellent if you could demo it with bass too

i'm tired of my boring boss ceb and might sell it
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Very noisy apparently, I'd get a Small Clone.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

its awesome! i had too sell my original a little while ago. the only reason i let it go was because i had the poly chorus. i wish i could of held on to it now. i may get the reissue sometime.

on the ss.org compilation i used it on the first noisy solo on the weezer cover. if someone wants to dig that out for you it would be kool. iam off out if no one has posted it i will when i get back.
it does alot more than noise but thats kinda what i do :lol:
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

heavium, are you talking about the new small version or the original? The new one is hissy
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

the old one had noise but it was part of the character of the pedal, and you couldn't really hear it when you were playing anyway. i cant speak for the new ones though.
but if its anything like the old ones the noise is like static on a record, the new generation of mp3 kids would hate it. but the classy people will love it.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

it'll probably be a reissue yes, hard to come by an original one anyway

everytime i mention peter hook's pretty chorus sounds i get 'clone theory' thrown at me, small clone seems a bit tricky for bass use since it's pretty limited when it comes to tone shaping

i did check out a small clone at a store once and liked the chorus a lot, they never have any clone theories tho, that's why i'm curious about it, sure it's similar in sound but i want to know more about the extra knobs and how they change the sound ..things like that
the polychorus has got more than just chorus but i do'nt need a flanger option or anything like that (also takes up a lot of space), just a classy chorus, and well..i don't really mind hissy pedals, no one hears it when you're playing anyway, the most important thing is a not too sterile/digital sounding chorus
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

heavium wrote:it'll probably be a reissue yes, hard to come by an original one anyway

everytime i mention peter hook's pretty chorus sounds i get 'clone theory' thrown at me, small clone seems a bit tricky for bass use since it's pretty limited when it comes to tone shaping

i did check out a small clone at a store once and liked the chorus a lot, they never have any clone theories tho, that's why i'm curious about it, sure it's similar in sound but i want to know more about the extra knobs and how they change the sound ..things like that
the polychorus has got more than just chorus but i do'nt need a flanger option or anything like that (also takes up a lot of space), just a classy chorus, and well..i don't really mind hissy pedals, no one hears it when you're playing anyway, the most important thing is a not too sterile/digital sounding chorus
its defo not strerile.
Gandalf

Re: clone theory owners

Post by Gandalf »

heavium wrote:give me a reason to spend the extra bucks on a theory instead of a small clone apart from the extra shaping buttons

:wink:

i can't find any decent demos of it so feel free to post links of demos, videos whatever, if you have the time and you also own a bass guitar, it'd be excellent if you could demo it with bass too

i'm tired of my boring boss ceb and might sell it
i think chout has a demo of it. he said something about it sucking in the sy forum. just go with the small clone it pwns
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

dont listen to gandalf i heard he smokes crack...on the sy forum.

heres is the 26 second clip from combo like rambos cover. its not the best demo of a pedal in the world...and it doesn't do the clone theory any justice...but it most defo is the clone theroy. it will either put you off for life or make you want it.

http://download.yousendit.com/4B681C5962B7C412
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

http://www.modezero.com/clone-theory.htm

this is the only thing i found so far

hurb, i like what i'm hearing in that wacky excerpt, very spacey

but all the demos i've heard of it so far are with extreme settings i think (too bad they don't mention the settings), almost like a flanger or something.... but anyway...i'm gonna give it some time, it'll probably be a clone theory..i hear good things about it, on bass forums too..another thing i like about ehx is that their pedals sound good with bass too, i like the idea of that h2o pedal by visual sound but never heard one before, def not with bass, plus they look retarded, haha....
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

ohhhh that one.... i thought you were talking about the smaller one.

yeah the big one pwns
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

heavium wrote:http://www.modezero.com/clone-theory.htm

this is the only thing i found so far

hurb, i like what i'm hearing in that wacky excerpt, very spacey

but all the demos i've heard of it so far are with extreme settings i think (too bad they don't mention the settings), almost like a flanger or something.... but anyway...i'm gonna give it some time, it'll probably be a clone theory..i hear good things about it, on bass forums too..another thing i like about ehx is that their pedals sound good with bass too, i like the idea of that h2o pedal by visual sound but never heard one before, def not with bass, plus they look retarded, haha....
i hear what your saying its very easy to turn it up and go roffles look at me warrbles. but in subtle setting it actually shines. and because it has more than one knob it is easy to dial in what you want in a specific way.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

I had an original Clone Theory its not the same as a Small Clone or Poly Chorus at all. All three sound like "EH Chorus" but have differences. The re-issue Poly Chorus gets a lot more wilder but it isn't as lush. The Clone Theory has a sound of its own. I have no idea about the re-Issue Clone Theory I'm not even sure if its the same as the older one. There was also two versions of the older Clone Theory, one version had a flanger and that one sucked.

the Clone Theory I had completely nailed that early Cocteau Twins Robin Guthrie chorus sound.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

heavium wrote:h2o pedal by visual sound
You don't want that - blandest pedal ever.