Erlewine vid

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

DGNR8

Erlewine vid

Post by DGNR8 »

I know you guys are way beyond needing a video for this stuff. But I got a lot out of the Fender Wiring video I bought, including using clothes pins and toothpicks and shit like that as tools in a pinch.

It may not be manland, but it's stupid and it sucks to try this stuff without decent apprentice-style learning. I had never touched a soldering iron in my life and I made myself do it. I think I did a pretty good (lucky) job on the few I have done, but I could stand to be a lot more precise and quick about it. I don't know about you, but I have a few guitars to build. I think now I can get more out of what I read here because I will have a starting point.

Mainly I needed a basic understanding of what makes a circuit and why the connections do what they do. I still get buggered on Strat 5-way switches, but I don't have to know everything about it. Now I have a better sense of what it is I am looking at. I am tempted to tear up my loaded guard and do it myself. It can't possibly be a good thing that it's goopy and has fugging rodent hairs or whatever on it. (Might be for added mystery juju).

In any case, let me know if you're interested in seeing the vid.
Yell Like Hell
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

wouldn't hurt dude post it up!