Jag-stang money shot

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

DGNR8

Jag-stang money shot

Post by DGNR8 »

Does anyone have a pic of their open Jag-stang that shows the wires? The only schem I can find is a botchy one from Jag-stang.com. You'd think that might be one of the pics in their gallery, since you can really only see the two stock colors and a few mods before getting pissing bored.

I am guessing the little xmas tree symbols are the solder to ground symbol. But there's also the )| shapes (turn 90 degrees clock), which must be the Capacitor. Can they draw a little cap circle for teh chrissake?

There's a red dot below the volume knob, and the line continues. Does that just mean one wire connects to the Volume pot and then continues on? Is that best done with two distinct wires, or can you peel back the insulation, loop through the hole, and onto the Tone pot?

The black wire comes off the HB and goes both up to the switches and down to the pots. WTF does that mean? I hate these pre WWII drawings.

Yell Like Hell
Aug
Best Poster 2010

Re: Jag-stang money shot

Post by Aug »

oh, good god.

just follow these directions exactly.

http://www.shortscale.org/wiki/index.ph ... er_Mustang
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

Oh. Duh. I get it. I was thinking there would be major changes for the HB but in wiring terms it is still just two wires. Would I use the same pot and cap for the tone? That's the only thing not addressed. I know it's a noob question.

Wow. Easier than I thought.
Yell Like Hell