New Pedalboard Setup

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Gabriel

New Pedalboard Setup

Post by Gabriel »

So after running the G3 setup for most of this year, and gigging more and more often, I started wanting to try a new setup. The biggest upgrade I wanted to make was to improve my delay sounds as that is the 'only' effect I use very often. So after my win at the Edinburgh Guitar Festival I had a nice budget to work to. Initially I was going to go with a Nano setup and an outboard volume, however I decide in the end that I would rather have a self contained setup.

The only thing I need is another isolator as I'm getting some noise from my EHX Freeze when it's daisy chained.

Peter Bond

Post by Peter Bond »

Looks nice and tidy. What's the little yellow (mooer?) pedal at the end?
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Yeah it's a Mooer Flexboost, their version of a Xotic AC Boost. It's a really cool pedal with just about the right amount of gain on tap for the music I play.
Peter Bond

Post by Peter Bond »

Ah sound. Jazz stuff mostly? Would like to hear the setup.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Yeah mainly, but a mix here and there too for different gigs. For heavier stuff it sounds amazing too, hitting a lightly breaking up amp into series distortion.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Nice tidy little board there. I keep meaning to try out some of the Strymon stuff - expensive, but sound so good from what I have watched and read.
Will have a pedal purge when I get back to the UK and fund something.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I'd thoroughly recommend the Timeline, it's rather complex and I'm still getting to grips with it but the sounds I have programmed already are amazing. Only issue is that it doesn't like to be daisy chained, but splitting off the power and running an isolator to the other pedals makes it quiet.
Simon

Post by Simon »

The Timeline's do look absolutely amazing but they're just too expensive... I bought the El Capistan as a substitute and the sound of it is by far and the way the best delay I've ever had/tried.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Yeah the Timeline is very expensive, but I managed to find a really good deal secondhand got it for around the same price as the El Cap.

I'm so glad I went for this pedal though, it's by far the best effects pedal I've used.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Good work picking one up for that price! Considering they're around £400-£450 new!!!

I love anything delay related and atmospherics, if money was no object then I'd definitely have one - I do think you'd really have to study the pedal in order to get the best use out of it though... I imagine it's so much more in depth than you'd think. It's more like a piece of gear you'd really use in the studio!
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Yeah it was on gumtree for 4 hours before I bought it, the seller had a lot of people interested too so I guess I got lucky!

It's a pretty complex piece of kit, I spent most of yesterday just working out how to dial it in, the tricky thing is that the knobs all do different things depending on the delay model.

My best purchase in a while though.