NBD - 1978 Musicmaster Bass

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

danzigdan

Post by danzigdan »

mkt3000 wrote:I finally got around to installing the pickup. I left the original pots, but I did try out other values. Anyway: WOW... what a difference.

It sounds evil now. Tons of growl... almost Ric'ish.

Nice. I'm a Lace Sensor fan from way back. Never thought of putting one in a bass.

By the way, I was turned on to Bullock pickups and they make Duo Sonic/Mustang/Musicmaster pickups in all kinds of styles from vintage to hot. They also make a Tele Bass pickup. Wonder if that would fit a Musicmaster Bass?
DanHeron

Post by DanHeron »

I have the same pickup in my bronco/musicmaster bass thing. Sounds great.
danzigdan

Post by danzigdan »

DanHeron wrote:I have the same pickup in my bronco/musicmaster bass thing. Sounds great.
Cosmetically it works great as well. The Laces are a perfect fit?
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

danzigdan wrote:
DanHeron wrote:I have the same pickup in my bronco/musicmaster bass thing. Sounds great.
Cosmetically it works great as well. The Laces are a perfect fit?
Very much so - the pickup they have is a musicmaster/mustang neck pickup.

When I got this and swapped the pickup, I was able to then to pay for the lace sensor and offset a small part of the cost by of the bass selling the original pickup.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
danzigdan

Post by danzigdan »

I have seen posts in the past that a lot of the Musicmaster bass pickups are duds. I'll have to save one of my Laces for a "future" project. :)