pictures of your shortscales

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Awstin

Post by Awstin »

taylornutt wrote:
Punkacc9 wrote:
taylornutt wrote: That's amazing that you got both colors. They look in amazing condition.

I have not tried a 24.75" Fender yet. I need to find a Cyclone II or Toronado.
Aren't Jagmasters 24.75? And yeah, the Blue one is completely mint. The red has some character. He's definitely the evil twin haha.
Daphne Blue and CAR are such a nice color paring especially with the competition stripes.

Original Vista Jagmasters were 24" and the newer ones use 24" conversion necks on 25.5" bodies.
Ah. Well have you ever played an SG? It is kind of what it feels like.
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Its a Fender Flame, part of the Master Series along with the Esprite produced in Japan in the early 80s. First "Fender" to come out of japan. Fender 1st set neck. Fender sub the work out to Fujigen Gakki, because Fender US, did not have the technology to produce these guitars. Only a few thosands were made between 83 - 85. Robben Ford endorsed the Esprite and they dropped the Flame, and produced the Robben Ford model. RF is still available through the US Custom Shop.

This was Fender attempt to compete in Gibsons market... not dupilcate. Superb build quality. Alder body, maple top, set neck, tone chambers, Fender tuners, Scaller roller bridge, tail with humbuckers and sport the "F" knobs. This Bought it off a blues player at his gig in a bar downtown. He told me the previous owner was the crackhead that drilled the top for a Jaguar tremolo.... its too much money, time, effort to repair a carved top, so I keep the tremolo on it. Just makes the guitar look more chrome and punk.

Esprit

Flame
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

So that's a custom shop then? I saw one of those on eBay go for A LOT of money. I would definitely get it repaired if I were you.
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
Joey

Post by Joey »

http://www.masterseriesguitars.com/guitarpage.html

No, my flame is a MIJ. The Master Series started in 83 and discontinued in 85. I know sales were weak on the master series as a whole. Gibson was also hanging by a string until Slash rescued them. I think Fender swapped hands in the mid 80s and Japan went away completely for a minute.

Robben Ford endorsed the Esprite, I dont know when. But the discontinued Esprite then became The Robben Ford Model. I know you can order the Robben Ford through the US Custom Shop today. I doubt the RF was made in Japan. It probably was a Custom Shop deal only as they sell for $3,000+.

Im not a esprite or rf lover..... the shape turns me off. The flame and esprite are solid $1000 - $1200 guitars. Last year was rough as you could pick em up for around $800. They both had 3 trim level.... standard, elite and ultra. The esprite I posted is an elite, you can tell by the upgraded neck inlay. The ultra are super rare with block inlay.

I paid $200 for my Flame, awesome deal. The "F" knobs are worth $50 a piece on ebay... if I sold my knobs, I'd make my money back.
Joey

Post by Joey »

I was wrong, the RF was MIJ 87-93..... just hearsay by googling other forums. It later went on to the custom shop.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

My Jag-stang

J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
stain

Post by stain »

My new instrument Fender Jaguar JGS, made in Japan, 2007-2008. Price with shipping+seller's service 920$. In comparing my Mustang, sound is similar. Neck's radius: mustang has 184R, jag - 250R. difference is small, but i feel it. Both necks are comfortable.

Fender Mustang (SD Little ‘59 SL59-1b, SD Classic Stack STK-S4n).
Yerasov Goblin Tube Amp.
Lumpy Waters

Post by Lumpy Waters »

Hi, first time posting here. Though I'd share shots of my Mustangs.

Late 70's Mustang, refinished body (so so job). Bought it from a pawnshop in the early 90's in "rode hard and put away wet" condition. Heavy.

2007-2011-1978 Mustang. Bought all the parts of Ebay and from darrenriley.com, except for the pickups which I took from the maplestang. I love this guitar so much.

Johnny Noir

Post by Johnny Noir »

Lumpy Waters wrote:Hi, first time posting here. Though I'd share shots of my Mustangs.

Late 70's Mustang, refinished body (so so job). Bought it from a pawnshop in the early 90's in "rode hard and put away wet" condition. Heavy.

2007-2011-1978 Mustang. Bought all the parts of Ebay and from darrenriley.com, except for the pickups which I took from the maplestang. I love this guitar so much.

nice mustangs!

what part is from 78?
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

indeed! im loving that maple stang!
Lumpy Waters

Post by Lumpy Waters »

Thanks! Pickups on the new Mustang are from the '78. Eventually, I am going to put them back and install hot-rails or something like that in the new one and sell the Maplestang.
MiguelWood

My Soulmate

Post by MiguelWood »

Out of all the guitars I own, this one is my favorite...

taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Burgandy Mist is such a hot color. I played one of those at GC. Nice guitar.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
MiguelWood

Post by MiguelWood »

Thank you. I really love the color too. I went into House of Guitars in Rochester, NY looking for a Jaguar. In my head I was thinking of Olympic White, but when I saw this guitar I was sold.
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

I love those Jaguars, everything about them. I'll have one one day!
MiguelWood

Post by MiguelWood »

I've been wanting a Jaguar for as long as I can remember. Any time that I was at a show and saw a musician with a Jaguar; it was like a religious experience. I'd tell myself that one day I'd get one.

When I was laid off at my previous job, I did a bad thing and cashed in my 401k for moving expenses for a new job, etc...

With some of that money, I was able to get my Jaguar. It's the most I've ever spent on a guitar, but it was so worth it. I've told myself that if times get tough, and I have to sell a bunch of my stuff... I can get rid of everything, but my Jaguar.
Altar

Post by Altar »

"Before" pic of my current resto, a '65 jag.
WTT: My Soul for your Jag
ekalks

1966 Musicmaster II and Brand new Squier Duo Sonic

Post by ekalks »

robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

when i had my 62 AVRI jaguar in OTM i told myself i could never sell it, but then i found and abandoned dog that i loved and, well. guitars come and go. dogs like this need a chance at life. and now i have terrance. he is my best friend.
blyss

My Fender Thinline Jaguar

Post by blyss »

The Japanese take on celebrating the Jaguar's 50th anniversary. I've upgraded it with bullock custom pickups, black pickup covers, and turned the strangle switch to a parallel series option.