Sweetwater is blowing out Jaguarillos at $579

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

After reading this, it looks like it won't be a hard feat to make them fit - just modify the pickguard.

http://www.marksguitars.com/Cool%20Mods.htm
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

mkt3000 wrote:
Allthumbs wrote:hoping mine will be delivered tomorrow! next order of business will be gutting the electronics. so many pickups to choose from....
I'm thinking AVRI Jag pickups in the neck/middle, and splitting the bridge pickup.
Why don't you get a pickup winder to just rewind the existing pickups to be like Jaguar pickups?
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

honeyiscool wrote:
mkt3000 wrote:
Allthumbs wrote:hoping mine will be delivered tomorrow! next order of business will be gutting the electronics. so many pickups to choose from....
I'm thinking AVRI Jag pickups in the neck/middle, and splitting the bridge pickup.
Why don't you get a pickup winder to just rewind the existing pickups to be like Jaguar pickups?
Like cutting a nut and setting a neck, that is black magic to me.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
MattK

Post by MattK »

honeyiscool wrote:Why don't you get a pickup winder to just rewind the existing pickups to be like Jaguar pickups?
... the clawwww ... the CLAWWWW!
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

The guitar is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, and the pickguard is already out for delivery :D
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
Allthumbs

Post by Allthumbs »

i got my jaguarillo today, and i must say that i'm pretty impressed overall. the neck is very close to my Japanese jag and the fit and finish is very nice. the humbucker is a lot better than i thought it would be, but the single coils are pretty bland. the thing i didn't notice until i really looked it over is that the humbucker has two screws on the top and one on the bottom. so swapping that out without drilling a new hole in your pickguard limits your buying choices. the only company i know of the offers a range of 3 hole post pickups (other than fender) is Lace. I'm personally a fan of their humbuckers, so that's not a big deal for me, but it is something to be aware of. there could be other makers that i'm not aware of. i also found a link that shows the jaguarillo gutted. it has a swimming pool route, so if someone makes different pickguards, or you are crafty enough to make you own, you can drop any compliment of pickups in you want. it's actually pretty cool. i'm glad i picked one of these up and think i'm going to have a lot of fun tinkering with it.

here's the link to the innards

http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Expert ... p/34632240
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

UPS says delivered. I can't wait to land in Florida tomorrow and pick it up :D
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

mkt3000 wrote:
honeyiscool wrote:
mkt3000 wrote: I'm thinking AVRI Jag pickups in the neck/middle, and splitting the bridge pickup.
Like cutting a nut and setting a neck, that is black magic to me.
THE TREWTH
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

It's here :D

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

mkt3000 wrote:
Redder is better dude.
MMPicker

Post by MMPicker »

I was really interested in this model after it came out, and eventually found one to play in a shop here.
I thought it played well, and sounded good too.
What I didn't like was:
- Perhaps unsurprisingly, the difference in volume between the humbucker and the single coils was large, IMO. To switch from one to the other mid-song I would have to monkey around with the volume controls, a lot. I thought. I don't like to do that.
I never had an HSS guitar. I would think this would be a problem for most HSS guitars, unless they had more than one volume control.
One thing I liked about my old Les Paul was the ability to preset the volumes for when I switched pickups. I think this kind of guitar would benefit from more than one volume control.

-Like the Jaguar, it was overly heavy, IMO. I don't want a guitar that heavy anymore. I wish there was guitar with a configuation like this but in the body of my modded Musicmaster. Which is like the weight of a feather compared to the Jaguar.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

That price.
Noisy Cat

Post by Noisy Cat »

MMPicker wrote:Perhaps unsurprisingly, the difference in volume between the humbucker and the single coils was large, IMO.
Adjust the pickups' heights?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Good single coils and and good humbucker will never be balanced in a one volume one tone guitar... well unless the Hummer is a low output mudbucker (useless).
That's why you use a volume pedal or (god forbid) the volume knob on the guitar.

Also: THAT PRICE/DEW IT!!

Buy that guitar and put a vintage neck on it..... It'd be like the best of ALL WORLDS. (if you couldn't tell already, if I'd been stateside I would have bought one of these in a heartbeat.)
MMPicker

Post by MMPicker »

I, for one, actually prefer the 9.5 radius and bigger frets. That's why I I wound up getting my CP Jaguar in the first place. I'd become disatisfied with the neck on my old Musicmaster II, and was affirmatively looking for a guitar with the same scale length but not with the vintage neck specs.

Different strokes...
h8mtv

Post by h8mtv »

Dem's fightin wurdz.
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

And the people who bought them to flip them have begun to appear on craigslist and facebook groups. Most seem to be going for over $500.

I just lost a little bit of faith in humanity.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
George

Post by George »

first dibs
Phil O'Keefe

Post by Phil O'Keefe »

Looks like they're all out of red ones. Had I known, I would have bought one - that's an incredible price for that guitar!
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

Jag pickups arrived, as did new push/pull pots, and a .33 cap. Guess where I'm taking the Jaguarillo when I have free time this week :D
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10