Current Collection

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Thomas

Current Collection

Post by Thomas »

Inspired by NickDs collection thread I thought I'd pop mines up too. It's in a constant state of flux so this will probably change soon. This will feature full scale and short with a bit of text about some of them.

Telecasters L-R Squier Joe Trohman sig Tele, Fender Baja FSR, MJT Partscaster.

► Show Spoiler
Strats L-R Affinity, Squier Japan, Squier Classic Vibe

► Show Spoiler
Jazzmasters

► Show Spoiler
Hollowbody L-R Coronado II, Columbus 70s 330, Coronado I

► Show Spoiler
Jaguars

► Show Spoiler
Mustang shaped L-R parts Duo, 65 Mustang, 59/78 Musicmaster, 65/modern Duosonic

► Show Spoiler
Squier Bass VI

► Show Spoiler
Beau

Post by Beau »

I'll give you two chin-over-shoulder hugs and whatever is in my left front pocket for the Columbus.
Rox

Post by Rox »

Lions and tigers and bears ! Nice collection.. Specifically the Coronados , Jags and Stangs .. And your Teles ... The white one .. It's purdy... :D
finboy

Post by finboy »

Beautiful, is that 335 style guitar full hollow or semi?
NickD

Post by NickD »

Nice collection, you got some real deals there - especially the Coronados, both about £700 odd cheaper than they should have been.

A band mate had a Columbus like that when I was at school, that thing fed back all the time, so I'm going to guess fully hollow.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Yes indeed, it is fully Hollow. I've not really played it that much, and certainly not at any great volume. It was a bit of an impulse buy.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Curious, what were the issues with the other Bass VI's you tried at the store?

Nice collection
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

2 had dyed fretboards, basically black in colour, it had stained the binding and wouldn't scrape off. It looked ok at a distance but I guess after some playing some real light brown rosewood's gonna show through. The binding on one wasn't attached to the fretboard at the heel so it had a gap all the way round, pickups that had been screwed in REALLY wonky, filler on the fretboards, gaps around the block inlays, one had a really wonky neck (the high E was right off the edge of the fretboard. One had 3 or 4 decent sized knots in the neck and the nuts were a total mess on all three. They varied from cut in the wrong place to having huge grooves in them.

I originally wanted a scumburst or white one but the black one I got was the only one without defects. The setup was the worst I've ever tried on a shop guitar. I insisted they let me tinker with it before I bought it to make sure it was solid.

When I pointed out the errors on the others the guys didn't seem too shocked. They said they've had to send back a few of them before. He also said they were so hard to find when they first came out because so many of them were failing QC. Who knows if that's true, the evidence seems to back it up. Tho if these passed QC I'd hate to see the ones that didn't.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

i must have lucked out with mine then, because apart from inherent flaws (shithouse of a bridge, garbage nut material) it's pretty perfect. i ordered it from thomann, i doubt they'd ship out guff because they know they'd be returned straight away i guess.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

That makes sense. Mabes the QC is a little more lax this time round.