New Fender American Pro Jaguars / Jazzmasters

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Dillon wrote:I recall reading that Fender agreed to pump inventory into Guitar Center to keep them in business, and they're unable to sell it fast enough. So GC is massively in debt. Effectively, then, Fender gets a portion of that debt. But now I can't find any articles to back that up. Anyhow, if GC goes bankrupt, what happens to all that inventory? Fender has to buy it back? Though, doing some research now, it seems they're doing better since the last time I checked.
I've heard the same thing for years and years too (from guys working at local guitar shops), but can't find any thing solid to support this supposition.
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

When we dealt with Musicians Friend we were on net 30 billing, which means we shipped them shit and they paid in 30 days. I imagine a company as colossal as Fender might have different terms, but I also would be surprised if they were still taking much risk for GC/MF.

*footnote- I guess technically we do still work with MF, but they have no human buyers or contact, so they mostly order discontinued shit that we don't send them, and a few fuzz pedals every couple months.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury