Limited Edition MIJ Gold Jazzmaster

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Dillon

Post by Dillon »

Congrats! I had the Jaguar version of this years ago. Part of what got me on js.com. They're pretty much your standard MIJ, except they have brass plating in addition to shielding paint. I'm still not a fan of gold hardware, part of why I sold mine, but they're great players anyway. And sure to go up in value. Mine I want to say was around $650 with the limited blonde / red OHSC back in 2003.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Didn't you refinish yours Sherwood or something Dillon?
Dillon

Post by Dillon »

Yep. Sorta. It was, I think, a 60s Ford Mustang color. Done via auto spray cans from Dupont. I had never done a spray job before so it didn't turn out great. A shame, because the green / gold combo was classy. I ended up sanding it all back, primered it white, then sold it to DGNR8 after I decided I didn't really like 7.25" necks anymore. He was going to refinish it seafoam, but I have no idea what happened to it otherwise. I only have one tiny and not-so-great picture anymore.

HNB

Post by HNB »

That color combo looks pretty sweet!
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Very Posh Jaguar.

Might get my broken one refinished now.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
HNB

Post by HNB »

FedEx says it should be to me Saturday, but the tracking is showing it going all the fck over the US. Florida to California to Texas now.... They delivering via squirrels?
SAVEStheDAY

Post by SAVEStheDAY »

I've seen goofiness like that, nationally and even locally, with FedEx Ground. At work we actually go out of our way to avoid using them.
HNB

Post by HNB »

Today it says it is in Idaho. LOL At least that is closer....
Grant

Post by Grant »

HNB wrote:FedEx says it should be to me Saturday, but the tracking is showing it going all the fck over the US. Florida to California to Texas now.... They delivering via squirrels?
UPS/FedEx claim it's how their regional sorting facilities are arranged, but I suspect it's mostly human error. I work shipping/receiving at a retail store; we routinely get packages meant for other places, and have boxes that were shipped together arrive piecemeal.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

FedEX and UPS are the absolute worse.

I always had great luck with USPS priority mail but the post office doesn't like shipping guitars anymore.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
HNB

Post by HNB »

Sadly I had to use what they chose via Reverb. LOL
HNB

Post by HNB »

Go home FedEx.... You're drunk....

Imagemap by Christopher Louck, on Flickr
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

paul_ wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
how do i get my jazzmaster to do weedley weedley solo's by it self without me playing them like this ?
dots wrote:incesticide
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

That is one beautiful jazzy :shock: didn't know they had gold limited editions but that's pretty cool.
And congrats to your wife, finding a good steady job is truly a pain in the ass, especially one without a manager or boss that are complete assholes. (You will find a lot those in "Right to work" states without unions, like here in NC) :roll:

Welcome back to the golden edition club.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

HNB wrote:Go home FedEx.... You're drunk....

Imagemap by Christopher Louck, on Flickr
Wtf? I've never had anything shipped to me go take a vacation across the country. That looks ridiculous.
HNB

Post by HNB »

It is supposed to end it's US wide tour tomorrow.... :D
HNB

Post by HNB »

Guitar came! I am pretty happy with it. The stock pickups sound pretty good to me. I don't feel like I need to change them. This guitar has not been played much in its life. There was still pickguard protective plastic stuck under a lot of the pickguard screws. I got those taken out and the buzz stop off and the gold Mustang bridge and straplocks on. The tortoise on this is actually really cool! Not spitfire level of cool, but better than many Japanese ones I have seen. I like the yellow bit that is right at the jack. It has good swirl and is a nice red. EXCELLENT guitar! Very happy with it. The headstock decal is kind of more visible than the other Japanese Jazzmasters I have had. Kind of reminds me of how AVRI ones look even though it is under clear.

Image20170325_192456 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Image20170325_192502 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Image20170325_192513 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Image20170325_192531 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Image20170325_192535 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Image20170325_192523 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Image20170325_192557 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Image20170325_192607 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr
Grant

Post by Grant »

I hate gold hardware and I love that guitar.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

robroe wrote:how do i get my jazzmaster to do weedley weedley solo's by it self without me playing them like this ?
That's a looper pedal, you found out about them 2 years ago when the Ditto came out and said every guitar player should own this fabulous new invention.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

paul_ wrote:
robroe wrote:how do i get my jazzmaster to do weedley weedley solo's by it self without me playing them like this ?
That's a looper pedal, you found out about them 2 years ago when the Ditto came out and said every guitar player should own this fabulous new invention.
lmfao :lol:

Fantastic looking guitar mate! And that golden mustang bridge just added that extra touch.