Epiphone So-Cal 50W head

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Epiphone So-Cal 50W head

Post by BobArsecake »

Anyone had any experience with these? Not seen them before, think I'll hunt one down and see if I can have a go myself, but just wondering if anyone's had any experiences with them etc.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epi ... -cal/71266
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

it'll prolly sound like ass.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

More Cowbell wrote:it'll prolly sound like ass.
sound better with block inlays?
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Re: Epiphone So-Cal 50W head

Post by ekwatts »

BobArsecake wrote:Anyone had any experience with these? Not seen them before, think I'll hunt one down and see if I can have a go myself, but just wondering if anyone's had any experiences with them etc.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epi ... -cal/71266
No idea, but there are much better, cheaper and tried and tested amps out there. Have a look at the Peavey Windsor. In fact, you could even get a Vox AC30CC for that exact same price. I'd have thought that were right up your street.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vox ... clas/67836
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

BobAC <3's Marshall crunch, but also wants a Clean and an Overdrive channel. if the Windsor had a dedicated Clean Channel it would be perfect for him..
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

bubbles_horwitz wrote:
well...it does help some. :lol:
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

bubbles_horwitz wrote:

OOOH BUUUUUUUUUUUUURNS!
BobArsecake

Post by BobArsecake »

Yeah, what Mike said. Ideally I want a head though so I can plonk it on my existing cab. I hate effects pedals too so I want reverb and possibly tremolo built in. Also, I don't want any more power than 50watts. If all that fails, I'll get a Hot Rod Deluxe and cunt about getting a good crunch out of it, I've done it before, and damn it, I'll do it again, despite the nay sayers!
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

We can no longer be friends if you buy that overpriced pile. There's tons of better combos in it's price range.
BobArsecake

Post by BobArsecake »

Hahah, I like them. I've a few friends who use them, and after using that DeVille at Cowbells and messing with it etc it quite sold me. I may look at the Peavey Classics though, another friend of mine's just bought one and loves it, yet I've not had a play with it yet.
zoinks

Post by zoinks »

Yeah the Epiphone is not worth it. Especially what you guys are paying over there for it. The cleans sounded alright, but the overdrive just didnt do it for me. Hell for a little bit more you could go with an Orange Rocker 30 combo. I would kill for one of those.
benjamin franklin is a terrorist who hates us for our freedom. also, he tried to buy yellow cake in niger
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

zoinks wrote:Orange Rocker 30 combo.
See THAT is an amp.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

BobArsecake wrote:Hahah, I like them. I've a few friends who use them, and after using that DeVille at Cowbells and messing with it etc it quite sold me. I may look at the Peavey Classics though, another friend of mine's just bought one and loves it, yet I've not had a play with it yet.
Yeah, Peavey Classic club. But get the Delta Blues. I wanted one much more than the 30, but didn't have the dosh. It's a much nicer sound, and the distortion channel sounds good still, despite the shared EQ, unlike the 30.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
BobArsecake

Post by BobArsecake »

Mike wrote:
zoinks wrote:Orange Rocker 30 combo.
See THAT is an amp.
I was actually thinking about getting the head of that, it's in my price range, but I'd have to test it out properly, for some reason I've got it in my head that I don't think an Orange will give the sounds I want, but I've not played through one so that's complete nonsense in all likelihood.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

The AD30TC?

Gareth is looking at getting one of them, fucking kick ass amplifier. It'll get you all the sounds you're after - believe me. Orange amps have great crunch and a lovely clean if you have an EQ to play with like the AD30s do. No reverb, but fuck reverb - buy a pedal - Orange = love.
zoinks

Post by zoinks »

The Rocker series are kick ass amps. Im saving up for a combo and i am pumped. The sounds it produces are absolutely amazing, but somethings that people dont like about it though, is that the clean channel has no eq and has no effects loop, if those things dont bother you, then get it.

edit: they are also loud as fuck.
benjamin franklin is a terrorist who hates us for our freedom. also, he tried to buy yellow cake in niger