Signature guitars we'd like to see.

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

LimpDickCheney

Post by LimpDickCheney »

I would like to see a Brian Setzer signature blonde Fender Bassman amp and an affordable Andy Summers Fender Telecaster Custom.
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

an official fender doogcaster with a special edition Boss Ps-5 set for the casa bonitaz

yeaaaaaaaa boi
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

He only plays it on like one song live, the ungrateful bastard.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

I am absolutely positive one of the Fender Japan sites (not Ishibashi though) was offering factory LR Jazzblasters in shell pink and some sort of red a few years ago. Please tell me I'm not mad.

I'd never be tempted to buy a signature guitar, but I'd like Fender to make some just to give the respective artists the recognition they deserve:

David McComb 70s Jazzmaster

Blixa Bargeld Mustang

Roger Miller Fender Lead II

Actually, these are all stock guitars so there's very little point.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

timhulio wrote:Image
OK that's totally euan's Dad front left
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Never. I look nothing like my dad.

Oh wait...
euan
jamieb

Post by jamieb »

Mike wrote:Bored of signature guitars. So over it I was never on it. Breeds fanboyism like nothing else.
What about if Fender offered you a 'Mike' signature Baja? BET YOU WOULD CHANGE YOUR TUNE THEN AND SHIT
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

No, I'd say I play a stock Fender guitar you twats, reissue the Jaguar, jazzmaster, and mustang in better colours and with B&B on the former two you fuckwits.
boyecho

Post by boyecho »

Mike wrote:No, I'd say I play a stock Fender guitar you twats, reissue the Jaguar, jazzmaster, and mustang in better colours and with B&B on the former two you fuckwits.
i fucking concur.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Bad news people.

I just googled "billy corgan signature guitar," and the first few pages that google lists are at js.com.

FUCK GOOGLE.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

ANY PICKUP MANUFACTURER should/could do a Peter Green neck pickup with a swapped magnet. Something which, if dropped into a guitar, would instantly give the magnetically out-of-phase sound on the middle position.
Bare Knuckle already do a matched set with a flipped magnet on the neck pickup for a shitload of money. Just the neck pickup, calibrated to match, say, Burstbucker pros or 498ts (the pickups in the bridge position of most standard gibsons), would sell like crazy. Flipping the magnet on a $100 Gibson o.g. pickup is a bit risky for some less mechanically inclined mojo-munchers.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
deadonkey
Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Post by deadonkey »

what's the difference between flipping the polarity of the magnets and flipping the phase by swapping the wires around?
everything is not going to be alright
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

I saw an Epiphone Bob Marley at the store today, I didn't even plug it in I was like... yeah. I'm with Mike on this one, I don't like somebody else's name or specs on my guitars. Though yeah, I wouldn't mind Fender building me a custom guitar.
Even a RIC John Lennon signature, I think I would rather have the stock 325 or 350 to play. If I were reselling it, then I'd take the sig. model...
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

deadonkey wrote:what's the difference between flipping the polarity of the magnets and flipping the phase by swapping the wires around?
Absolutely nothing. Flipping the magnet has to be done anyway sometimes with a mismatched hummer set when you want the wiring color codes to work.

You'll find some guys on TGP who say there's a difference, but electronically there's none.

I'd want my custom guitar to be a C-body silvertone (like a small U-1) with a single lipstick at the neck, a strangle switch, bigsby, and built in tremolo.
Haze

Post by Haze »

kurdt jaguar =D
srv white strat w/ lipsticks
Richard

Post by Richard »

Mike wrote:No, I'd say I play a stock Fender guitar you twats, reissue the Jaguar, jazzmaster, and mustang in better colours and with B&B on the former two you fuckwits.
TRUTH.
skip wrote:satan rules
benwalker

Post by benwalker »

i DO want to see:
tom morello strat (yeah, that's going to happen...)
greenwood tele (ditto...)
allegedly dave gilmour's signature strat is in progress...
SY tribute JazzBlaster or similar. Drumsticks/Screwdrivers included in the case, along with a load of stickers.
Hugh Manson designed, mass-produced versions of the Matt-o-casters for under £1000. No kaoss pad needed, just good pickups, Vexter fuzz, MXR90, and a killswitch 8)

i DON'T want to see:
yet another crap (c.f. SRV rip-off) blues player's signature strat doing the rounds.
any more Squier signature guitars for utterly talentless artists.
my signature goes here
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

I don't see why Fender wouldn't issue a custom shop Johnny Greenwood tele when the Radiohead demographic gets old enough to afford a thousand quid guitar. As dull and turgid as his music is, a tele with red lace sensors and a kill switch would be pretty fun.

Can't see why anyone would want to emulate that Muse wanker though.
benwalker

Post by benwalker »

just contemplating a greenwood tele with a 'name-your-own-price' pricetag.. thinking the fender execs would go for that surely...

think the whole issue with it though would be along the lines of carbon offsetting the instrument's production, making sure the wood was sustainable, no logo or branding yada yada...

and you have to admit, having a guitar with built-in fuzz factory would be awesome regardless of whether or not it had anything to do with muse
my signature goes here
posaydal

Post by posaydal »

DuoSonicBoy wrote:And of course, Cat Power Silvertone like this:
I want one of these. Is it a production model or something custom built?

Though I prefer to not have 'signature' instruments unless it has some features that are really good/interesting that's not on regular models.