strat "project" (jagmaster neck?)

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

esteban

strat "project" (jagmaster neck?)

Post by esteban »

ok i know the entire world hates strats, but here's the deal. a while ago, i found a green strat copy body+neck in a garbage can. everything was removed, trem, pickguard, electronics, all the wires snipped.

i don't have the moola to buy myself an actual shortscale, so i figured i can work with this strat thing.

i'm pretty sure the 24" jagmaster necks are conversion necks. this'll fit fine on a strat body, right? i know i'm kind of answering my own question, but i want to make sure.

also, where the fuck can i find a jagmaster neck? warmoth makes 24.75" conversion necks, but i want straight up 24".
When I die, they'll say, 'He couldn't play shit, but he sure made it sound good!'

Hound Dog Taylor
Sparky

Re: strat "project" (jagmaster neck?)

Post by Sparky »

esteban wrote:i'm pretty sure the 24" jagmaster necks are conversion necks. this'll fit fine on a strat body, right? i know i'm kind of answering my own question, but i want to make sure.
Yes, I can confirm this with 100% certainty. You might have to adjust the bridge somewhat, but it should be able to intonate without any serious mods.

As I told Fran, I had my Jagmaster neck on my telecaster for a few days. Didn't really care for the sound though to be honest. It sounded very percussive.
esteban

Post by esteban »

Sparky wrote:
esteban wrote:i'm pretty sure the 24" jagmaster necks are conversion necks. this'll fit fine on a strat body, right? i know i'm kind of answering my own question, but i want to make sure.
Yes, I can confirm this with 100% certainty. You might have to adjust the bridge somewhat, but it should be able to intonate without any serious mods.

As I told Fran, I had my Jagmaster neck on my telecaster for a few days. Didn't really care for the sound though to be honest. It sounded very percussive.
how would've it been any different from a regular ole jagmaster? pickup/bridge combination, perhaps?

you wouldn't happen to want to trade it for a strat copy neck, would you? lol.
When I die, they'll say, 'He couldn't play shit, but he sure made it sound good!'

Hound Dog Taylor
luke

Post by luke »

Sparky wrote:Yes, I can confirm this with 100% certainty.
Careful. First Jagmasters had standard 24" necks, the second ones had 25.5" necks and all the new ones have the 24" conversion necks. Make sure you know which one you're getting.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Malik wrote:
Careful. First Jagmasters had standard 24" necks, the second ones had 25.5" necks and all the new ones have the 24" conversion necks. Make sure you know which one you're getting.
Well, I'd assume he won't be robbing some Vista Jagmaster of its neck for this project. Those necks were left over Jaguar necks from the Japan factories. They would NOT work on a 25.5" scale. Only the necks from the latter two Jagmasters (the 25.5" ones and the Jagmaster IIs) will be applicable on a strat body.

Happy? :)
esteban

Post by esteban »

Sparky wrote:
Malik wrote:
Well, I'd assume he won't be robbing some Vista Jagmaster of its neck for this project. Those necks were left over Jaguar necks from the Japan factories. They would NOT work on a 25.5" scale. Only the necks from the latter two Jagmasters (the 25.5" ones and the Jagmaster IIs) will be applicable on a strat body.

yeah, i was looking at the latest jagmasters anywho.

BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A NECK????

Hound Dog Taylor
luke

Post by luke »

Sparky wrote:
Malik wrote:

Well, I wouldn't want him finding a Jagmaster neck in a skip, putting it on his Strat, getting pissed off that it won't intonate and throwing it back in a skip. :) Plus if he gets a 25.5 Jagmaster neck, that's kinda not quite what he's after. :)