COMPETITION ORANGE & BLUE by request

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

rodvonbon

Post by rodvonbon »

Mike wrote: Holy fucking shit. If it didn't have that ugly (upside down) humbucker in it, this guitar would be so perfect.
I know it doesn't make it any easier for you, but upside down is the only was they fit.
Life is "Pointless......but manageable"
Reece

Post by Reece »

A quick bit of photoshopping would indicate:
I defaintely like 2 best out of all of them.
rodvonbon

Post by rodvonbon »

Haha, I did the same thing, but didn't think the results showed the differences fairly so I wasn't gonna post it.
Reece

Post by Reece »

Yeah, especially 3, it looks more orange in the photos than it does there.

I still like 2 best though.
rodvonbon

Post by rodvonbon »

IRL 3 is almost dayglow.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

rodvonbon wrote:
Mike wrote: Holy fucking shit. If it didn't have that ugly (upside down) humbucker in it, this guitar would be so perfect.
I know it doesn't make it any easier for you, but upside down is the only was they fit.
I'm a snob, but it's singles all the way for me to be honest.

Whatever gets your rocks off, but aren't you getting all the response that should be on the bass strings on the trebs and vice versa?

I guess it must sound good to you.
Pacafeliz

Post by Pacafeliz »

dammit after that my pants don't fit me no more!!!

i'd literally screw guitar #2. she's end up looking like #3 after lotsa prision sex. sorry i can't behave.
i'm too turned on by this.

i'll be in the bathroom now...
thanks for that!

Pat.
my name is Pat.
rodvonbon

Post by rodvonbon »

Mike wrote:
rodvonbon wrote:
I'm a snob, but it's singles all the way for me to be honest.

Whatever gets your rocks off, but aren't you getting all the response that should be on the bass strings on the trebs and vice versa?

I guess it must sound good to you.
Different strokes and all that.
No poles mean that the rail is almost dead even all the way across. No one string jumps out more than any other. I do have it pitched towards the treble strings though.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

I realise the price jump is fairly big, but I'd be happy to pay the extra for a guitar that looked as good as these. A lot of picking between guitars is aesthetic anyway, and it isn't like the value of them is going to tank anytime soon so it's very low risk.
Shabba.
rodvonbon

Post by rodvonbon »

Here is an old picture that kind of shows the funky patina on the neck of guitar 3
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

How does the neck feel? Is it that vintage worn thing where it seems to just play itself?
Shabba.
rodvonbon

Post by rodvonbon »

James wrote:I realise the price jump is fairly big, but I'd be happy to pay the extra for a guitar that looked as good as these. A lot of picking between guitars is aesthetic anyway, and it isn't like the value of them is going to tank anytime soon so it's very low risk.
So true, but if you look at it as an investment you might not be as comfortable playing them live though. Having to baby a guitar because your concerned about it's value might take away from the enjoyment. I play the hell out of all of them and when they get bumped or beer sprayed all over I don't get too worried. The way I see it is I have invested in my own satisfaction and not the price tag on the guitar.
rodvonbon

Post by rodvonbon »

James wrote:How does the neck feel? Is it that vintage worn thing where it seems to just play itself?
Oh it's nice. I prefer this one to the others honsetly. It doesn't have the looks factor, but is nice and easy.
serfx
ss.o bastard son

Post by serfx »

rodvonbon wrote:
James wrote:I realise the price jump is fairly big, but I'd be happy to pay the extra for a guitar that looked as good as these. A lot of picking between guitars is aesthetic anyway, and it isn't like the value of them is going to tank anytime soon so it's very low risk.
So true, but if you look at it as an investment you might not be as comfortable playing them live though. Having to baby a guitar because your concerned about it's value might take away from the enjoyment. I play the hell out of all of them and when they get bumped or beer sprayed all over I don't get too worried. The way I see it is I have invested in my own satisfaction and not the price tag on the guitar.
the way i've always looked at playing a guitar is treating it as though it owes me money.. so they have a tendency to get knocked about a bit, but enjoyed more then anything else.
Sven

Post by Sven »

Rodvonbon,

Your guitars are very nice and I also must compliment you on your new line of toys.

rodvonbon

Post by rodvonbon »

Sven wrote:Rodvonbon,

Your guitars are very nice and I also must compliment you on your new line of toys.

Hey Mark, I should give you credit for finding the first guitar and graciously selling it to me :lol:
I have thought about buying that goofy toy, since I did by all of the other 1/8 scale Mustang models.
freekandy

Post by freekandy »

if you ever ever sell number 1 mustang, please contact me. i would be forever in debt to you
jaguars :)
Sven

Post by Sven »

rodvonbon wrote: Hey Mark, I should give you credit for finding the first guitar and graciously selling it to me :lol:
I have thought about buying that goofy toy, since I did by all of the other 1/8 scale Mustang models.
I miss that guitar...but am glad it's getting played and is in good hands. :D
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

OMG I like all of them. I am so torn. If you ever thin the herd, DON'T.
Yell Like Hell
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

I need to start requesting more threads.
Shabba.