Convice me.

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

avntzen

Convice me.

Post by avntzen »

To buy an Akai Headrush instead of a Dl-4 for looping and delay.

Dont know which to get. Never played both pedals though.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

As soon as you get over how much the DL4 costs, it's awesome. Then it breaks.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
william

Re: Convice me.

Post by william »

avntzen wrote:To buy an Akai Headrush instead of a Dl-4 for looping and delay.

Dont know which to get. Never played both pedals though.
do you mean, never played either pedal?

if so, then go play them, if you can, and then you'll be able to begin to know what you want.
Ty

Re: Convice me.

Post by Ty »

william wrote:
do you mean, never played either pedal?

if so, then go play them, if you can, and then you'll be able to begin to know what you want.
Best advice you can ever get right here.
avntzen

Post by avntzen »

No guitar shop in town has them on display.

otherwise i would have tried them ages ago.
NBarnes21

Post by NBarnes21 »

How about a Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai? I like mine better than the DL4
avntzen

Post by avntzen »

NBarnes21 wrote:How about a Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai? I like mine better than the DL4
Convince me. I need a reason to not buy the Dl-4
william

Post by william »

the headrush lets you set the timing of the 'heads' to create rhythmic repeats, i dont think the line6 will let you do that.

plus, akai>line6, all day, any day.

it just seems more serious than the line6, not so gimmicky. and it doesnt take up all that fucking space. and, it doesnt look like alien hardware (sooo 2002.)

and the line6 has knobs for 'tweak' and 'tweez,' while the headrush has dedicated knobs for each function that have straightforward words to describe what they do.

DL4- 14 seconds
H2- 23 seconds

DL4-left-right outputs
H2- discreet outs for each repeat, or summed mono or stereo

all the line6 has on the akai is a bunch of modelling hooha, and i for one dont go for that shit, and havent been all that convinced of line6's tech in this area anyway. its like cartoon versions, to me, the touchstones of each old piece of gear exploited in exaggerated ways to trick your memory into "hearing" what they want it to. "it totally has that tele 'spank'" "that sounds just like a tape delay! listen to that 'wow' and 'flutter'"

the H2 into a nice amp will have its own quality sound, and i dont think youll miss the modelling of the DL4.

as someone said, the hazarai packs most of the DL4 features into a much nicer looking, compact box, but still it doesnt have all the neato features of the H2, although it adds some of its own.

DL4<hazarai<H2

hope this helps, one way or another.
riotshield

Post by riotshield »

i've been using both, actually the headrush replaced DL4 when it started being stubborn with a specific vox amp.
it really depends on how you are planning to use it.I find the DL4 looper the best out there for quick live use
and it has some nice delays as well.
i find that headrush (E1) is altering the looped sound, nothing major but its there.DL4 is very clear
the delay of the E1 sounds a bit warmer but you have to judge for yourself it you need just one or the lots that DL4 has.
Reece

Post by Reece »

avntzen wrote:Convince me. I need a reason to not buy the Dl-4
why? if you want a dl4 so much get a dl4.

when you've taken to posting topics like this (and i'm assuming this is one of the last things you'd do to try and convince yourself to not buy one so you'd have looked up specs, listened to demos, looked at alternative etc etc) then what can we tell you to stop you wanting one?

not trying to be a bastard, just curious.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I think Line6 absolutely excel at delay pedals. There is a reason the DL4 is as popular as it is. I had an echo park to demo and it sounded really great.