Korg D888

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

suede

Korg D888

Post by suede »

Just bought me one(digital 8 track) from ebay. It looks brand new...Tried it, tested it, and it works wonderful...cool think that it has usb and I can transfer all wav. files in to my computer and use a program to mix and add effects and compression and whatnot to the tracks...me happy...oh and it retails on about 700 US dollars, and I paid 360 for it... 8)

I'll see you in hell with the rest of the trash
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

yes1
the usb feature is awesome as fuck. i had a yamaha unit and did a whole 45min album with a band. had to track as much as i could with 8 tracks. burn it all as wavs to cd. mix those tracks, import them back in the recorder and then do vocals and overdubs. put those on cds and then finally i have all the tracks on computer. fuuuu
suede

Post by suede »

cool!!! That's the type of shit I am looking forward to...
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

that looks like a lot of fun. jealous
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

one advantage i never thought about when going to just using my pc is NOISE. the standalone units are quiet as shit, but computers are generally noisy bitches. DAMN!
suede

Post by suede »

this is all I need really. I used to have a fostex....so i am used to this type of recorders...
suede

Post by suede »

Working on my first recording this thing is super easy to use...I am only using my fl studio and my roland sh101...Will try recording guitars later...
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Sloan wrote:yes1
the usb feature is awesome as fuck. i had a yamaha unit and did a whole 45min album with a band. had to track as much as i could with 8 tracks. burn it all as wavs to cd. mix those tracks, import them back in the recorder and then do vocals and overdubs. put those on cds and then finally i have all the tracks on computer. fuuuu
AW16G, wutwut. I have five billion blanks at all times.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
thedudes

Re: Korg D888

Post by thedudes »

suede wrote:Just bought me one(digital 8 track) from ebay. It looks brand new...Tried it, tested it, and it works wonderful...cool think that it has usb and I can transfer all wav. files in to my computer and use a program to mix and add effects and compression and whatnot to the tracks...me happy...oh and it retails on about 700 US dollars, and I paid 360 for it... 8)

I really wanted one of these a couple of years ago but they were never in a sale, now though you can get a great deal on them, I'm probably getting one this week!
thedudes

Post by thedudes »

Does anyone know of any alternatives before I commit?!
thedudes

Post by thedudes »

Scratch that, I just looked on ebay, still going for £350 s/h, I guess that's testament to the uniqueness of the mixer/recorder element of the D888 - just what I need though!
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

dude, this thread is easily 6 months old.
suede

Post by suede »

[youtube][/youtube]
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

suede wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
CLASSIC.