amplitube irig

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

When is the Amplitude 2.0 software going to be made available for iPad?
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

fostewi wrote:
Mike wrote:Yup - when my champ died for a while I used iRig to test the pedals I was making. They sounded great into the Fender Twin amp.
Just wondering...is there any risk of damaging anything if the signal output from the effects to the iPhone is too high (I am usually well above the guitar signal level)? I did this for late night practicing on my computer with Toneport (line 6) and it worked pretty well but now that I have iRig on my iPhone I prefer it (sounds good, don't need a computer, easier to use - even though the screen is small I find touch screen so much easier than Gearbox with a mouse on my computer).
As far as I know you'll just get nasty clipping - everything works fine for me now.

In other news I got the free v2.0 update and it's immense. Things sound better, it can get much louder - you have loads more control over the input and output signals - the built in Multitrack recorder is amazing for recording song ideas. Slam dunk basically.
lorez

Post by lorez »

i like the update but i'm still getting a lot of clipping over headphones especially when trying to do bends and slides. Love it though and seriously thinking of upgrading to the full package and buy the multitrack recorder
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Despite not having used Amplitude, I'd sugggest you turn your iDevice's volume way up and turn up Amplitude's output/"amp" master volume down to combat said clipping. Of course, this is an uneducated comment.
lorez

Post by lorez »

Doog wrote:Despite not having used Amplitude, I'd sugggest you turn your iDevice's volume way up and turn up Amplitude's output/"amp" master volume down to combat said clipping. Of course, this is an uneducated comment.
i've dropped the volumn on the iphone but then the levels get to where I can hear the guitar more than the headphones. I'll have a play tonight though with all the levels and see what happens. Thanks Doog
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

In Setup there are Input and Output level controls (at least in the full version). You lower the input to prevent input clipping, and compensate with the output/headphones level.
lorez

Post by lorez »

Mike wrote:In Setup there are Input and Output level controls (at least in the full version). You lower the input to prevent input clipping, and compensate with the output/headphones level.
cool thanks mike, I will take a look and see if it is there on the free one otherwise an upgrade might be in order
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

I just tried Amplitube for the first time since the update (guitar, iPhone and iRig haven't all been together in the same place until today since before the update), and I seem to no longer have output.

I had tested out Ampkit again, and the feedbacking issue I was having had disappeared, then went to play through Amplitube and got, well... nothin'. Volume was maxed on the system; under Setup it was showing input when I hit the strings, but no output at all. Amp volume was good, and I tweaked it... but got no change... I didn't even have any hum or hiss coming over the speakers, just a whole lot o nothin. I activated the tuner and made sure that it wasn't muted (tuner picked up the guitar fine and I tuned up)... nothin'.

Any ideas?
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
fostewi

Post by fostewi »

Ankhanu wrote:I just tried Amplitube for the first time since the update (guitar, iPhone and iRig haven't all been together in the same place until today since before the update), and I seem to no longer have output.

I had tested out Ampkit again, and the feedbacking issue I was having had disappeared, then went to play through Amplitube and got, well... nothin'. Volume was maxed on the system; under Setup it was showing input when I hit the strings, but no output at all. Amp volume was good, and I tweaked it... but got no change... I didn't even have any hum or hiss coming over the speakers, just a whole lot o nothin. I activated the tuner and made sure that it wasn't muted (tuner picked up the guitar fine and I tuned up)... nothin'.

Any ideas?
Hey, for the new version with the recorder you have to ensure you arm the track to get output. If you select the the "REC" option ensure that the track is armed (flashing red light). Then on the bottom/recorder section scroll twice to the "INSERT FX" section and make sure the littel red dot is enabled and if not click the slider...this will indicate that affects should be applied to the armed track. Hopefully that is the issue...I encountered the same thing. Good luck.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Thanks, I'd just found it on the IK site. I made the mistake of trying Google first and came up flat, so came here :P

All good, but the output seems kinda low, even with the output level increased. I'll play with it more a little later on.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

fostewi wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:I just tried Amplitube for the first time since the update (guitar, iPhone and iRig haven't all been together in the same place until today since before the update), and I seem to no longer have output.

Any ideas?
Hey, for the new version with the recorder you have to ensure you arm the track to get output. If you select the the "REC" option ensure that the track is armed (flashing red light). Then on the bottom/recorder section scroll twice to the "INSERT FX" section and make sure the littel red dot is enabled and if not click the slider...this will indicate that affects should be applied to the armed track. Hopefully that is the issue...I encountered the same thing. Good luck.
No you don't - just make sure you have the turn off the Tuner.
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

I'm gonna pull the trigger on this. It'd be perfect for Late night recording/jamming. Anyone know if they've made a belt attachment for it?
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
lorez

Post by lorez »

Progrockabuse wrote:I'm gonna pull the trigger on this. It'd be perfect for Late night recording/jamming. Anyone know if they've made a belt attachment for it?
i just stuff the iphone in my jeans back pocket to be honest
Peter - IK Multimedia

Post by Peter - IK Multimedia »

taylornutt wrote:When is the Amplitude 2.0 software going to be made available for iPad?
Sorry I missed this. Since they are different applications (and you'll see this in the optional recorder add-on which is VERY impressive in its feature set even compared to the one in AT 2 iPhone) we're testing it now and it should be out in December.
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
Peter - IK Multimedia

Post by Peter - IK Multimedia »

Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
taylornutt wrote:When is the Amplitude 2.0 software going to be made available for iPad?
Sorry I missed this. Since they are different applications (and you'll see this in the optional recorder add-on which is VERY impressive in its feature set even compared to the one in AT 2 iPhone) we're testing it now and it should be out in December.
Thanks for the update. My brother-in-law develops iPad apps but only needs his for testing purposes. Since the recording add-on is coming to iPad, I might pickup an iRig and the software since he will let me borrow it for extended periods.
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I just got the iRig and downloaded the free software onto my wife's iPhone 3G. It's very nice product but I am experiencing all kinds of hissing feedback and noise. I have tried different guitars and headphones and the problems persists. Any chance that I have a defective unit? I am always a magnet for defective items. Can I run Amplitude on a 1st Gen iPhone?
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I may have fixed the problem. The delay was left on and the latency was set on ultra. That seems to have cleaned up the noise issues. I also slightly lowered the input volume a tad. I am going to play with the free version until I can borrow the iPad again.

Are there any iPhones/iPod touches that have more noise issues than others?
lorez

Post by lorez »

anyone got an idea why songs imported from my itunes won't play in the songs section? I can't find any help on the official website
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
fostewi

Post by fostewi »

lorez wrote:anyone got an idea why songs imported from my itunes won't play in the songs section? I can't find any help on the official website
I think I read on their facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/ikmultimedia?v=wall) about this issue and saw that there is a new update for the app in iTunes that says it fixes some importing issues...try downloading the update and see if it helps. Good luck.