[youtube][/youtube]

enjoy.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

"Kevin Shields put me onto these" 8)
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I love how he has a shopping cart for all the pedals.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

hahaha I remember there was an interview during the "ask a pumpkin" Q and A youtube thing him and Jimmy did, where someone asked him what pedals he was using and he said something along the lines of "custom made pedals I think they're from Germany or something"

I'm surprised he's actually willing to share those MAGIC PUMPKINS TONE SECRETS on youtube, considering he's Billy Corgan and all :roll: :lol:
Dannymec

Post by Dannymec »

Was his hand always like that? I never knew
Burn the South.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Dannymec wrote:Was his hand always like that? I never knew
Looks like psoriasis. It comes and goes, my missus gets it.
riotshield

Post by riotshield »

its birthmarks, always had it
Pacafeliz

Post by Pacafeliz »

WHAT?! he uses/d the MXR Distortion II??? i had one and i couldn't get ONE decent sound outta it!!! :shock:
my name is Pat.
Dingus

Post by Dingus »

For those who are interested I (and fellow geeks on GG and TGP) already dissected the pedals in this video:

http://www.guitargeek.com/chat/complete ... on-107503/

And it's not a birth mark, it's Klippel-Trenauney syndrome (KTS).

"The man behind "Smashing Pumpkins" has a new CD, "TheFutureEmbrace" (sic), and it is sure to make fans curious. The bewildered expressions usually elicited by Corgan's obtuse lyrics now occur with just a glance at the CD's front cover. Corgan, already a role model for the prematurely bald among us, also shows a rarer condition. Note the purple red areas of Corgan's left hand: the diagnostic signs of Klippel-Trenauney syndrome (KTS). Corgan has a large port wine stain birthmark affecting one limb. While Martin has physical impairment associated with his mark and mounted a controversial legal battle to use a golf cart on the PGA tour, Corgan's guitar rocks without signs of disability. Clearly, Corgan doesn't hide his arm and scalp conditions, he Embraces them."
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

I'd read it was a birthmark, just a rather large one. It's fairly visible in lots of old promo material and photos.

For as much as he's slagged off I've never seen him acting like an actual prick. His sporadic public announcements can vary between crazy and batshit mental but he always seems a nice enough guy.

And the the first three Pumpkins albums are still great.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Dingus

Post by Dingus »

He thought it was a birth mark (hince the name of his pre-Pumpkins band with someone else with a distinguish birthmark "The Marked"), then later he found it was a symptom of KTS. A port wine-like stain on the hand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port-wine_stain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klippel-Tr ... r_syndrome

Additionally, I'm not trying to bash him, but today I just watched the "When It All Goes Wrong" documentary dvd they put out, and he's a huge diva in that.
weeping_moon

Re: Billy Pumpkin and his Pedals.

Post by weeping_moon »

what amp does he use on gish, siamese dream and mellon collie?
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

ekwatts wrote:
For as much as he's slagged off I've never seen him acting like an actual prick. His sporadic public announcements can vary between crazy and batshit mental but he always seems a nice enough guy.
I've never been able to work out why people seem to think he's such a knob either, apart from his tendency to play different versions of his most famous songs live when people just want to hear the regular versions.

I also never knew there was a 4 knob MXR Distortion +.
johnnyseven

Re: Billy Pumpkin and his Pedals.

Post by johnnyseven »

weeping_moon wrote:what amp does he use on gish, siamese dream and mellon collie?
Google it, although I think it was a Marshall JCM 800 or 900 but I could be wrong.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

It's not a 4 knob distortion +, it's a distortion II and is a completely different and much more complicated circuit.

I build a modern version these days:
http://www.madebymike.co.uk/dist2.shtml

I really like the sound, dunno what was wrong with yours, Pat!
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Speaking of MBM pedals, did you ever make that IC+Dist II siamese dream in a box thing you were talking about on facebook? If so, do you have a price for them yet?
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Yeah, it's in the pipeline and I have 2 people on my order list who have ordered them.

I have a lot of orders on my list and I build them in that order obviously so I haven't been able to start on one of those yet - it's going to be called the dream box and Tim and I will be finalising the graphics this week, watch this space, should finish the first two in about the next two weeks or so

Thanks
M