Is this ad a scam?

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

UlricvonCatalyst

Is this ad a scam?

Post by UlricvonCatalyst »

Gumtree ad

I'm sure I saw this bass with distinctive weird pickup placement on here the other day. Does it belong to someone on the forum and is it currently for sale on Glasgow Gumtree?
Cagethelephant

Post by Cagethelephant »

I doubt it's real th pickups are worth. More than that
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

I don't think it's that low of a price. The only parts of value are the neck, bridge (looks like it's also from a musicmaster) and pickups, a home-made body like that is never worth much unless it's an accurate copy or extremely well made. It's potentially a good deal for project parts, or maybe it'd be good as it is, but it's not so cheap as to be scam material.
Shabba.
UlricvonCatalyst

Post by UlricvonCatalyst »

I thought it might be a scam as I'd definitely seen those slanty pickups on the interweb before and I've heard scammers sometimes take pics off the web of items they don't actually own (with a view to smashing your head in with a hammer and going through your pockets when you come to look at it?) but I found out it isn't - I spoke to the seller as he was considering swaps, but couldn't strike a deal.

I wanted it for parts for a Musicstang bass project. Hey, at least I helped Cagethelephant up his post count!