What guitar is this? how much is it worth?

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

sp3k

What guitar is this? how much is it worth?

Post by sp3k »

A guy is selling this guitar locally, he says its 60's Teisco, Kawai or Silvertone....

I really like the way it looks, anyone knows what it actually is and how much is it worth? The guy wants 250euros

[youtube][/youtube]
deadonkey
Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Post by deadonkey »

he can lick me bollix for 250
everything is not going to be alright
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

I think he's missed out a decimal point. Offer him 2.50
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

Not worth the time it took me to open this thread....
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Maybe you can wash his car and weed his garden in exchange for it? It might be worth $50 bucks (probably interchangeable for 50 euros)in parts, but those 60s Japanese guitars generally play like crap. Not to mention that those aren't the coveted Teisco pups. It wouldn't hurt to jam on it first, but if you want it, play hardball. ;)
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Looks like a 'Top Twenty'. They were made of plywood and not nice to play at all, probably make a nice slide guitar but thats about it.
The pups are cool though.
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

I'm a stoopid fucking American who doesn't know Euros and shit and don't wanna google the exchange rate, but if 250 euros is more than you'd spend on 3 large 2 topping pizzas that taste pretty cool but aren't gourmet or anything like that, then whoever pays that is getting bent over. Of course, Americans are the most likely people too pay big money on cheapo foreign guitars. Peeps want are Airlines and Supros and we want everyones Teisco's and Urals and stuff
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

It's probably worth €50-70, if it plays well it could be worth €150 but very very few of this type of guitar play well. It's not even close to being worth €250.
Shabba.
sp3k

Post by sp3k »

Thanks guys. I'll offer him a trade for a wah pedal i have i never use. He probably won't want it, but you guys made me not want the guitar that much anymore.
kapepepper

Post by kapepepper »

BillClay wrote:I'm a stoopid fucking American who doesn't know Euros and shit and don't wanna google the exchange rate, but if 250 euros is more than you'd spend on 3 large 2 topping pizzas that taste pretty cool but aren't gourmet or anything like that, then whoever pays that is getting bent over. Of course, Americans are the most likely people too pay big money on cheapo foreign guitars. Peeps want are Airlines and Supros and we want everyones Teisco's and Urals and stuff
:D :D :D :D

well this is the kind of guitar you buy at the fleamarket for 50USD or you pay indeed 360 USD if you are a serious collector and this is your missing piece, but I wont recommend you buying it for that amount. Iwould give max 125 euro
George

Post by George »

I think all these kinds of guitars look fantastic. If I had the wall space and cash I'd buy a load purely to have on display as ornaments. A shame they're such pigs to play.
61fury

Post by 61fury »

Pawn shops around here seem to value Teisco like shit highly, anything funky and old school with lots of switches . The few I've seen have wafer thin bodies, proud necks and mile high action and start around 400 or so.
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

Same here. It's dumb, and I'm dumb because I almost paid that much for my Teisco, although it was one of the more desired models, the ET460. It's cool and all, but I paid too much for too little guitarness.