NAD - Musicmaster Bass Amp w/ vid

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Haze

NAD - Musicmaster Bass Amp w/ vid

Post by Haze »

DAMN this is a fine amp! Got it in a trade from taylornutt, dynamite individual. I think he picked it up for $200 or so, crazy for its condition! Everything works as it should, needs a cap job and new tubes, will probably try a 5751 tube.

to sum it up, it's pretty close to my bassman. Not necessarily in terms of frequencies etc but the feel and vibe and gain structure are very similar. I think this'll make a perfect little gigging amp. I found a notch in the limited tone knob that sounds great too 8) Also, its LIGHT, YES, FUCK CARRYING MA HEAVY ASS BASSMAN AND CAB AROND

picss.
[how it was mic'd in the demo btw]

I had sadie tuned to aenstandard, only has the p-rail in the neck at the moment :? need to fix that
[youtube][/youtube]
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

ugh, fuckin hating you right now

i got dibsies when you're ready to trade.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
Haze

Post by Haze »

now i have leverage :twisted:

i'm tempted to go on like a cock about how it has the same vibe as my bassman etc etc ballsack
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

dude your guitar aint even got any strings on it.

you got someone behind your amp playing for you ?
dots wrote:incesticide
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

You got her sounding nice. I actually missed her for a second there. But I know you will treat her right and you can fix the areas I couldn't. Hopefully something will come along soon to help me take my mind off losing her. :twisted: The weight of the amp is one of its best features. Great mojo and solid construction. Makes me want another Silverface amp in the future.

My only question is: Will you leave the original knobs or switch to Bronco Style knobs? These amps came with bronco knobs for a while and then they switched to witch hat knobs later.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Haze

Post by Haze »

fo sho! I love silverface amps. I think a vibro champ would be eeexxcellent 8)
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

i was just going to say BRONCO KNOBRS
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

Still absolutely love mine. Great for effects, great for lugging! What speaker have you got in there? I've got a Celestion Century Vintage (the neodynium one) in mine, but was thinking of trying something a bit more traditional for more warmth.
willlin

Post by willlin »

Yus! Just picked up Dave's MM amp this week. So so happy with it. I agree there's definately a sweet spot on the tone pot around 2 ish that sounds amazing. I wanna try absolutely spanking it this weekend.
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

willlin wrote:Yus! Just picked up Dave's MM amp this week. So so happy with it. I agree there's definately a sweet spot on the tone pot around 2 ish that sounds amazing. I wanna try absolutely spanking it this weekend.
I was so tempted to buy Dave's MM, lack of funds due to impending move stopped me. Glad you like it though.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

ah, dave's was my old one, it just wasn't loud enough for what i needed it to do at gigs so i couldn't justify keeping it. it was lovely though.
Haze

Post by Haze »

What size gigs couldn't it cope with? I'm expecting it to handle itself fine for small stuff but I'm a bit worried it won't keep up against a loud bass amp or full kit. Our drummer just replaced his crappy pearl kit with a nice roland electronic kit which will run through the pa along with vocals =/ not ideal, but his acoustic kit was in a bad way.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Haze wrote:What size gigs couldn't it cope with? I'm expecting it to handle itself fine for small stuff but I'm a bit worried it won't keep up against a loud bass amp or full kit. Our drummer just replaced his crappy pearl kit with a nice roland electronic kit which will run through the pa along with vocals =/ not ideal, but his acoustic kit was in a bad way.
I gigged it with my Baja Tele next to a Pearl kit with a shield and a bass player and I didn't get drowned out. I was micked also
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

Haze wrote:What size gigs couldn't it cope with? I'm expecting it to handle itself fine for small stuff but I'm a bit worried it won't keep up against a loud bass amp or full kit. Our drummer just replaced his crappy pearl kit with a nice roland electronic kit which will run through the pa along with vocals =/ not ideal, but his acoustic kit was in a bad way.
it wasn't so much the size of the gig as my setup, tbh. it doesn't have much in the way of headroom.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

stewart wrote:
it wasn't so much the size of the gig as my setup, tbh. it doesn't have much in the way of headroom.
Although oddly I keep mine pretty clean at gig levels. Couple of tips for volume/headroom: replace the speaker, do the Harvard tone circuit mod. I can play all gigs with a full band in pub/small club sized venues even unmiked. Larger clubs might require the amp to be mic'd, but when am I gonna play a larger clublol?
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

i should have tried those mods, but even then it probably wouldn't have behaved when slammed with a huge bassy fuzz. i realised i need solid state for that shizz.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

What are you playing where they don't mic the amps? High school cultural shows?
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
cobascis

Post by cobascis »

theshadowofseattle wrote:What are you playing where they don't mic the amps? High school cultural shows?
Most small bars, coffee shops, tiny music venues, etc....
Haze

Post by Haze »

At this point we're booking wherever we can. Next Thursday we are just setting up on an empty stage in town becaue everyone is free and we don't have any shows booked :cry:
Thanks for the pro-tip, Tim! Ill check out tha tone stack mod. This amp would be a creat chance to try out some eminence seakers finally .
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

willlin wrote:Yus! Just picked up Dave's MM amp this week. So so happy with it. I agree there's definately a sweet spot on the tone pot around 2 ish that sounds amazing. I wanna try absolutely spanking it this weekend.
Great news Will!! Super stoked you went for it and double super stoked you're loving it!
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.