NGD 72 tele deluxe RI

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

BoringPostcards

NGD 72 tele deluxe RI

Post by BoringPostcards »

Picked this up the other day and didn't get around to posting a thread on it til now.
Got it for super cheap off of a friend of mine. It's in really good condition. Needs a setup and the jack is a bit loose (big surprise on a tele)
Sounds great as is. I'm planning on switching the pots to either 500k or 1meg until I can afford to put some Lollars or Novaks in it.
I suck at taking pics even with a good camera.
I'll post better ones when I'm not lazy and maybe a video.

Jam rooms a bit messy. whatevs.

Any advice on these things from members who own/have owned these would be appreciated. Limited info on the web it seems.
Det er mig der holder træerne sammen
gypsyseven

Post by gypsyseven »

Great guitar!! Congrats man.
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

That is beautiful... the singer of a punk band I was watching last had one and it fucking roared.
mordechaister

Post by mordechaister »

How do those pickups sound? The Wide Range humbucker seems like one of those things that people say is never as good as the original. Though I guess that's most things.
kapepepper

Post by kapepepper »

that shoudl be a verydecent guitar
love the headstock
BoringPostcards

Post by BoringPostcards »

I've never heard the OG pickups in person. These pups are good. They ain't too muddy. They sound nicer than the humbuckers in my artcore. Like I mentioned I do plan on upgrading them to Lollar Regals or have Novak rework these to the OG specs just to keep the fender engraving (geek much?). I usually don't buy into boutique mumbo jumbo, but in the case of the wideranges there seems to be a big difference between the OG and RI designs. Having said that, the RI pups aren't bad by any means.

I am chuffed to bits to own this. I've wanted a walnut tele deluxe for a long time, mostly due to Lee Ranaldo, but I could only ever find new ones priced from 700-1000 depending on where they're sold. I got this for less than 300. It's got a good bit of mojo too, as the guy's had it since 05 or so.
Det er mig der holder træerne sammen
montheshakers

Post by montheshakers »

For less than $300, awesome score!
Always loved the way these look
mordechaister

Post by mordechaister »

Eh, I don't think its boutique mumbo jumbo. I think a person who has been trained or trained themselves in some kind of craft they are passionate about, can generally produce things of higher quality than factory workers making minimum wage. I vote for the rewind with the original covers! (not that you asked.)
lorez

Post by lorez »

montheshakers wrote:For less than $300, awesome score!
Always loved the way these look
+1
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Gawwwd I love walnut Deluxes, nice one.

Saw an OG Deluxe in the shop the other day, notorious wonky '70s workmanship and all (check the neck pocket).

Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
montheshakers

Post by montheshakers »

paul_ wrote:Gawwwd I love walnut Deluxes, nice one.

Saw an OG Deluxe in the shop the other day, notorious wonky '70s workmanship and all (check the neck pocket).

Oh wow that is neat. Never seen a natural one without a blackguard and Imo looks a lot nicer.
Think this is the best looking Tele Deluxe

Actually this other FSR gives it a run in the appearance stake

littlericky

Post by littlericky »

Nice guitar. Just sold a white one, miss it already. I used 1 meg pots, it made the guitar too bright though. I would try 500Ks. Coil taps work well too. Loved the tapped bridge HB neck combo