West Coast Tour in May UPDATED (again)

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

holyCATS1415

West Coast Tour in May UPDATED (again)

Post by holyCATS1415 »

My band WETT NURSE is going on tour in May with Toez10's band SYCAMORE SMITH & THE GRAY BEAST and we need shows!

This is what our schedule looks like right now

Fri-may-3rd-Minneapolis, MN - The Shack
sat-may-4th-Minot ND- House Show
sun-may-5th-Missoula, MT- VFW
mon-may-6th-Seattle, WA-
tues-may-7th-Portland, OR- house show
wed-may-8th-Portland, OR- The Know
thurs-may-9th-Portland, OR-
fri-may-10th-Eugene, OR- The Lazarus Pit
sat-may-11th- Eugene, OR Tiny Tavern
sun-may-12th- Pacifica, CA- Winters Tavern
mon-may-13th- Los Angelas, CA- Origami Records
tues-may-14th- tbd
wed-may-15th- Denver, CO- Walnut Room
thurs-may-16th- tbd
fri-may-17th-Kansas City, KS - Mosquito Bandito Pool Party
sat-may-18th-St. Louis, MO- CBGB
sun-may-19th- Milwaukee, WI -tbd
mon-may-20th-Stevens Point, WI- Most Excellent Records

dates in Bold are set
Last edited by holyCATS1415 on Sat May 11, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 11 times in total.
light rail coyote

Post by light rail coyote »

I think I'll be in Portland when you play!! RAD! See some shortscale shredding!
Fuzz monkeys are generally fed the most bananas
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Oh btw my band confirmed to play that St Louis show with you guys. We're going to try to maybe get one more local to increase draw with having two touring bands, but we are for certain in on that date.

LRC, I think he still needs some help contacting venues to book something in Portland, if you know any place he should contact I'm sure he'd appreciate. ;)

Holycats, I am conflused about toez band as the name you gave and the name on the link are different?
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
light rail coyote

Post by light rail coyote »

http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=musicve ... land%2C+OR

heres a big long list of places to try!
Fuzz monkeys are generally fed the most bananas
Chico Malo
Sushi Monster

Post by Chico Malo »

what, no san diego?
If you need a shitty friend, I'm here for you.
holyCATS1415

Post by holyCATS1415 »

Pens wrote:Oh btw my band confirmed to play that St Louis show with you guys. We're going to try to maybe get one more local to increase draw with having two touring bands, but we are for certain in on that date.

LRC, I think he still needs some help contacting venues to book something in Portland, if you know any place he should contact I'm sure he'd appreciate. ;)

Holycats, I am conflused about toez band as the name you gave and the name on the link are different?
NICE!

Redettes and the gray beast are the same band, they thought it would be "cool" to change the name and make me have to explain that to everybody I contact haha.

as far as Portland venues, there is the Kenton Club, The Know (punk place), and Ella St. Social Club. There are a ton of places to play, I'm not super familiar with booking shows there, besides house shows, I have only played at the Ella St. Social Club.
holyCATS1415

Post by holyCATS1415 »

light rail coyote wrote:I think I'll be in Portland when you play!! RAD! See some shortscale shredding!
Nice! I will be sure to post where we end up playing

San Diego is a little too far south, we would be all for it if we had more time!
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

pm fredo or roach, see about some downy shows, we played with them at some lil place called the stardust, pretty cool lil place and had lots of fun..
i would also contact aen for wisconsin gigs. we played in stevens point. that was actually aobut 2 hours away for us at the time. there are a few good places in the e.c. area to play, and the twin cities are rather close and offer some good venue options. also. if the heart pills are still together they are a great band to play with.(ask aen)
holyCATS1415

Post by holyCATS1415 »

robert(original) wrote:pm fredo or roach, see about some downy shows, we played with them at some lil place called the stardust, pretty cool lil place and had lots of fun..
i would also contact aen for wisconsin gigs. we played in stevens point. that was actually aobut 2 hours away for us at the time. there are a few good places in the e.c. area to play, and the twin cities are rather close and offer some good venue options. also. if the heart pills are still together they are a great band to play with.(ask aen)
Thanks!
holyCATS1415

Post by holyCATS1415 »

Updated, Show in Eugene.

Is there anybody in California that could help us out?

Or Montana?
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Only forumites I know in LA are Fredo, Roach, and Mario but they don't really post here that much lately. You could try PM'ing though.

Don't know anyone in Montana, unfortunately.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

The Sun/Mon/Tuesday thing is going to be tough. I am sure there are places in LA that have music though. I know if you want to go down to LA you could contact Catheryn Beeks of Listenlocalsd.com and she might be able to help you out, but she is probably already booked further out than that.

If it was a weekend I would help yoy out on my area (Temecula, Ca) which would work as I am on the 15 so it is not THAT far out of the way, but there is nothing I can do on a Sun-Tues outside of getting someone possibly a long slot at a jam night or open mic setup (not exactly what you want)
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
holyCATS1415

Post by holyCATS1415 »

Alright, thanks for the help. I figured it might be difficult for those dates, I'll just have to keep sending emails.
mastermorya

Post by mastermorya »

For the LA show, you might want to contact Mrs. Magician and/or Crocodiles as long shot. They are both in San Diego but I think they would be into your stuff and do play in LA occasionally.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

not to be a wet blanket, but experience tells me a tour schedule of a show every night for two weeks is REALLY ambitious. booking it is one thing (and hard enough), playing it is another. unless you're an all acoustic, low-volume, sit-down outfit, consider adding a day off to travel/rest in between every two or three nights of shows. that also removes some of the pressure of having to book then entire period.

just food for thought.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

indeed. even doing 3 hard days with one day off and doing three more can be a killer, i did a schedule where it was literally 4 days of the week for an entire summer with a band called sirens a few years back. it was FUN! but even tho we played the same tri state circiut and clubs it was a killer sometimes.
holyCATS1415

Post by holyCATS1415 »

dots wrote:not to be a wet blanket, but experience tells me a tour schedule of a show every night for two weeks is REALLY ambitious. booking it is one thing (and hard enough), playing it is another. unless you're an all acoustic, low-volume, sit-down outfit, consider adding a day off to travel/rest in between every two or three nights of shows. that also removes some of the pressure of having to book then entire period.

just food for thought.
we have toured with similar schedules twice already. I have done a west coast tour with a different band once before with zero planning and a nightmare, worst case scenario schedule and still had fun. We have a pretty good idea about what to expect and that its not easy, but we LIKE touring.

We are just trying to get as many shows as possible, it is highly likely that there will be days where we do not have shows. but I appreciate the concern.
holyCATS1415

Post by holyCATS1415 »

Updated. Pretty much set on the tour. Thanks for the help guys!
holyCATS1415

Post by holyCATS1415 »

First show is in Minneapolis this Friday at the Shack, come hang out if you live there!
Dillon

Post by Dillon »

Nice, I love the Walnut Room, digging the tunes too. I'll come hang out if it at all possible :) Depending what time you guys go on...Denver is actually a 30 minute drive from me and I work early :(