Building a Mustang! Novice!

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

PopularWithVertigo

Building a Mustang! Novice!

Post by PopularWithVertigo »

Howdy ya'll. I've always wanted to have a Mustang... about a year ago I bought a vintage body, lime green, off of eBay for about $200. Its dinged up but I like it. I'm on a serious bachelor budget and expect it will take a few months of scrimping and saving to buy all the parts one at a time, but I'm going to construct my dream guitar.

I've never undertaken anything like this, have no experience, but I'm confident I can learn. I may develop a picture diary to show off and I'll be coming here for advice that I expect somebody here can provide. Pics coming soon and more info soon!
cur

Post by cur »

cool, can't wait to see the build.

you might want to post this in the projects forum.

Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

MOV'D
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

I built a Mustang from CIJ parts last year as a first project, so can provide some noob advice if needed (as in, point out the things I did wrong so you don't have to).

Mustangs are great little guitars, and the I DID IT ALL MYSELF feeling of accomplishment you get afterwards makes it even more worthwhile. Best of luck!
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

What all these chaps said! Please do update as it progress - I loves me some custom stang action.
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.