BlackTop Jaguar MOD

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

bill11hc

BlackTop Jaguar MOD

Post by bill11hc »

So Right now i have this black blacktop jaguar hh laying around... lets say i really really hate the pickups in this thing... they are incredibly dull. Anyways I want to Install Filtertron Pickups in this bad girl but obviously they arent normal humbucker size. I have regular humbuckers in with normal sized cream rings... id like to find a drop in replacement where i can literally take out these pick ups and drop these in. I will also be installing a bigsby but thats easy enough. PLEASE HELP A BROTHER OUT!!!
IM AM JOB
paul_

Post by paul_ »

A few TV Jones pickups are available in a humbucker mount format. Magnatrons would probably be good in a Jag.

http://tvjones.com/pickups-2/filtertron ... agna-tron/

Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
MattK

Post by MattK »

GFS Surf 90s are well liked as a "not a mudbucker" option for PAF size mounts - here's a Jagmaster with Surf 90s.
Zack

Post by Zack »

Doesn't someone make conversion pickup rings?
Rox

Post by Rox »

You mean English mounts?
You can do that too... It's all mostly been done somewhere or other.