Supersonic Update

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

HellaMelos

Supersonic Update

Post by HellaMelos »

Hello all,

I haven't been on here in a while. I had asked questions on the Super sonic series and ultimately snagged up a Fender MIM when they were on sale.
I switched out the pickguard with a custom cut one and dropped in a SD JB and Jazz and switched out the pots to dimarzio 500k push pull.
The guitar has a great sound, but a very "meh" feel. I can feel the skunk stripe on the back on the neck coming through the finish, so I'll have to sand that down I think.
I'm also not a huge fan of the chunky neck, as I have tiny european hands.

... a little bummed because now I kinda wish I would have bought a KC mustang when I had the chance
NickS

Post by NickS »

((nopics))
HellaMelos

Post by HellaMelos »

HellaMelos

Post by HellaMelos »

The neck was not aligned right in that pic, but I have adjusted it since. It has turned into a decent project guitar but I still find myself wanting a squier ss
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Cool guitar. Maybe find yourself a new neck?
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

I would play the shit out of it until my hand leveled it out.

it looks huge huge balls
dots wrote:incesticide
Cymbaline

Post by Cymbaline »

You'll get used to the neck. I've got Teh Kurdtz too and theyre both lovely, just give it some time. I like each of them better than the other for their own reasons.
Also love the space purple Supersonic. I had to have the sunfire orange though, got an instant bonar the first time I saw the ad for 2013's pawn shop series.
The campbells tomato soup KC mustang is also highly bonerizing, but I had to have sonic blue.
Anyway, just snag yourself The Cobainstang maybe next year and in the meantime learn to love being a member of the SS.
wadeaminute

Post by wadeaminute »

I like the necks on both the Squiers and the Pawn Shops, for opposite reasons. Ideally, you could find a Squier neck for the purple Pawn Shop. I should see someday if they swap out easily. Maybe I'll put my Pawn Shop XII neck on my blue Squier one?

A Whole Bunch of Guitars. Some with sparkles. Some with Pearl. Some with racing stripes.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

I forgot about how the SS necks don't swap very easily.

If you don't enjoy the feel of a guitar, it prolly won't get played too much... No matter how good it sounds. Maybe save up and grab a Mustang. While you save, you can play the SS a bit longer and see if it gets any better.