legit NGD now holy fuck

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

luciguci

legit NGD now holy fuck

Post by luciguci »

i traded my squier jaguar to my friend for his squier jazzmaster mainly because he was gonna buy a jaguar and i was like D00d buy a jazzmaster and give it to me and i will give you my jaguar so now ive got a jazzmaster and its the fuckin tits i love it

the original owner put 11 gauge flat wounds on there and says he shimmed the neck with something thinner than a credit card BUT the dumb fucker had the bridge flat down to the body so it had fret buzz all over the fucking place because therenwas no fucing point to anythng he did. so i raised the bridge a little bit and realized dude also had it intonated backwards as if it was strung left handed like jesus christ dude have you touched a guitar before. i would fix it but im too fucking lazy and it sounds fine enough so ill just do it later

BEST PART IS THAT HE SAID HE USED IT FOR A COUPLE GIGS BEFORE LMAO SHIT MUSTVE BEEN LAME AS FUCK IF HE WAS USING A JAZZMASTER WITH SUCH A SHIT SET UP
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
πŸ³οΈβ€βš§οΈπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ (she/they)
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

((nopics))

In all seriousness though: congrats. a jazzie that's set up properly (yeah, it takes a bit of time and patience, but it's worth the effort in the end) sounds fantastic AND stays in tune. Out of all the guitars I've owned over the years, my CIJ JM is the one that's most stable tuning-wise. It has .10s on it atm because I use it for standard or half step detuning but heavy gauge flatwounds are allegedly the strings that they were intended for.

How's it set up for lefties BTW? Do you just need to adjust the bridge saddles or does the nut want flipping around too?
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

nope just the bridge saddles are fucking backward

here it is with the rest of my mess

see these fucked up saddles who did this

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Some people flip the bridge backwards because if you raise the saddles too high the screws get in the way of the strings. If he had the whole bridge lowered chances are he had the saddles jacked up to the max.

Its a pretty quick sensible mod. It's certainly easier than cutting the screws down.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

look closer, the bridge wasnt backwards, the saddles are intonated backwards. even if i flip the bridge the saddles will still be backwards. my guess is that th dude just got it out of the box and didnt know how to set it up so after a couple gigs he decided to fuck off and sell it
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

OUTONATED
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

Awesome! Jazzmasters are what's up, gotta dig mine out.

Put an tele pup in the bridge and make the doogmaster.
Chris Fleming

Post by Chris Fleming »

looks like he had it strung up for a lefty and didn't set it up properly before you got it?
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

maybe but literally the only thing i did to it was raise the bridge a little bit and adjust the pickup heights, it came strung up with these flat wounds

also fuck all this bullshit check this out i made with this jazz http://soundcloud.com/tremglider/heart ... escrawling
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Some awesome sounds you're making there.

I've been trying to get rid of my Squier JM, but maybe I'm being silly.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

no dude not silly at all, in fact i'll pm you my address and you can just get rid of it in my direction :wink:

(no but like for real i am actually considering selling my strat to either buy another jazzmaster or a superego)