wire setup help

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

broomhandle

wire setup help

Post by broomhandle »

I am looking to do 2 P90's with 1 volume push pull, 2 tones and a 3 way LP style switch.

if anybody has any ideas. i was hoping to take advantage of the push/pull vol.

any ideas? or thoughts?

its in a F hole body......a old 1966 Burns...
Zack

Post by Zack »

I'm not totally certain it's possible but you could use the push pull for a series / parallel switch. You could add certain capacitors that you like to the push pull and wire it to be like a very stripped down varitone (two tones if it's a dpdt). Maybe you could use the push pull to bypass one or both of the tone knobs.

I'll think some more on it, but the only other idea I have currently is to get (or make) some of those guitar fetish mod boards so you can have an onboard effect on your guitar, but having a 9v battery in a guitar seems like a pain and you might have to sacrifice a tone control for effect control.
cur

Post by cur »

are you saying you want a push pull for the volumes of each pickup? and also a three way switch?

Like you want push for volume of bridge and pull for volume of neck?

broomhandle

Post by broomhandle »

I'm saying I have a push pull in the volume area. What could I do with p90's. And would I wire with 2 tones... 😀
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Unless your neck P90 is super weak (and I doubt it is), I would go for 2 volumes and 1 tone. But that's just my opinion.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
broomhandle

Post by broomhandle »

I am open to any config. i have 3 holes for pots. i have 2 500k cts, and 1 500k push/pull...

and I do not know what to do with the push/pull and P90's.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

series/parallel, in phase/out of phase, active electronics

I really don't recommend any of them, but it's up to you. You can simply try the first two options, just rewire if you don't like what you got.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
broomhandle

Post by broomhandle »

can I do series/parallel, in phase/out of phase with P90s?

if so, i would just do that with P/P volume, 3 way switch and 2 tone pots.

and how to wire it...