the new Billy Corgan Reverend. FFO EKWATTS

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

the new Billy Corgan Reverend. FFO EKWATTS

Post by robroe »

its got burns mojo feathers all over it.

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

the robroe signature is like 300 cheaper.

jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

There was a thread about this already.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

2 years ago
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

► Show Spoiler
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

Noirie. wrote:
► Show Spoiler
FARTBARF
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Dillon

Post by Dillon »

What's with the bridge / bridge pickup placement and shorter overall length on the single coil model? Is it an short scale?
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

FFO 2015
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Dillon wrote:What's with the bridge / bridge pickup placement and shorter overall length on the single coil model? Is it an short scale?
Apparently it's a hardwired capo version. In a robroe thread and all.
The 21.5" short-scale of the Reverend Billy Corgan Terz allows for punchy, shimmering tones with a G-C-F-A#-D-G tuning rather than capoing at the third fret.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

FINALLY, all that time and effort I can save by not putting a capo on my more-flexible existing guitars
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Nashville tuning?
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Nashville tuning utilizes light/unwound strings on a regular scale so that the 4 heavier strings can be tuned a whole octave higher (like a 12-string without the original notes); this seems to be a guitar that you whack heavier strings on and tune up merely because it's too small, like an Erlewine Chiquita but without the McFly/Tufnel recognition.

Totally pointless and likely just to make it seem like Corgan isn't actually miserable as fuck switching to Reverend. A couple years ago he was sticking AV 57 necks on his signature Strats that he used live because he hated the necks on them. I don't think he knows what he wants.

I've heard him describe his Reverends as having "a more modern top-end," most likely meaning he didn't even like the fact that his signature Strats had DiMarzio buckers running through 250k pots (totally a "modern" sound FYI, just a shitty and sludgey metal one).
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Is there a price for the wee guitar? I need a good laugh.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

wtf does Billy Corgan know about "modern"?
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Noirie. wrote:Is there a price for the wee guitar? I need a good laugh.
£950
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

paul_

Post by paul_ »

Huh... it would seem they actually usually cost $1200, same as the full-scale dual pickup model. I was honestly very shocked to see it listed for as much as $999.99 retail in the States and instantly thought "god I hope it isn't a thousand frigging quid over there" due to experience with Fender/Gibson flipping the ol' currency symbol and nothing else.

Sure enough, the world is still a vampire.

And they hilariously seem to lose a lot of value just by getting bought. All but one of the full scale ones currently on Reverb are $700-$950.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Didn't the Beach Boys use a freakishly short scale guitar to get those Wouldn't It Be Nice opening coupletoanz?

I imagine you'd still have to strongRoe a capo way up the neck on the Rev to get that high with open voicings.

[youtube][/youtube]