shortscale love for acoustic guitars?

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

I also love drinking Cosmos while listening to Jack Johnson.
twitter.com/skcwillie

follow me . . . . you won't
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

i know you do, homo, but we're talking about acoustic guitars.

FYM.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
sonicboom

Post by sonicboom »

Aye, love your K. Yairi, Dan.
deadonkey
Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Post by deadonkey »

serfx wrote:
endsjustifymeans wrote:Where are the pickups?
agreed.
every acoustic needs a pickup.
What's the secret for acoustic pickups that don't sound shit?
everything is not going to be alright
DanHeron

Post by DanHeron »

Will wrote:My classical has been getting nearly all the love lately. It's so freeing to be able to grab any chord you want anywhere on the neck without hitting adjacent strings.

It's left me trying to figure out how to get an electric with a near 2-inch nut.
What classical do you have Will? I have had 4 classical guitars since I started learning. Because I was only 9 and small for my age I had 1/2 size or something, then at one point I had one with a 3/4 body but full size neck! It was a good idea actually, getting used to the full size neck before I was comfortable with a full size body.
Now I have an Admira Soledad, which I guess is mid range-ish. It sounds nice though, solid cedar top, dark rosewood back and sides.
► Show Spoiler
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:i know you do, homo, but we're talking about acoustic guitars.

FYM.
oh, I thought this thread was how we're all a bunch of pussies?
twitter.com/skcwillie

follow me . . . . you won't
StevePirates

Post by StevePirates »

Will wrote:My classical has been getting nearly all the love lately. It's so freeing to be able to grab any chord you want anywhere on the neck without hitting adjacent strings.

It's left me trying to figure out how to get an electric with a near 2-inch nut.

Get 7-string guitar. Replace bridge, nut, and maybe pickups. Boom.
Hell is other people.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

'72 Guild BLD37. Maple back/sides
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I love acoustics, I think I play mine more than any of my other guitars. Well my acoustic and my classical.

I got an amazing deal on a Larrivee L-03R, lovely guitar its kind of the shape of a classical guitar but with the dimensions or a dreadnought?

Anyway I love playing acoustic. I suck at fingerstyle but yh its good fun to muck around, I especially love playing in open C.
sonicboom

Post by sonicboom »

That Guild looks serious, Nick. Bet it's loud.

MrP, I've heard brilliant stuff about the Larrivee you've got. And yeah, that whole open tuning thing is great for mucking around.

Now, question for youse (sure, it's an old chestnut): what gauge strings on your box? I'm using 12s on my Crafter.
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

DanHeron wrote:

What classical do you have Will?
It's a La Patrie Concert. Modest guitar, but it sounds and feels really nice.

I'm debating how to make an electric work for me - I'm thinking a new nut that'll spread the strings out as much as possible.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

sonicboom wrote:MrP, I've heard brilliant stuff about the Larrivee you've got. And yeah, that whole open tuning thing is great for mucking around.

Now, question for youse (sure, it's an old chestnut): what gauge strings on your box? I'm using 12s on my Crafter.
Yh its a nice guitar, really chuffed with it.

I use 12s too, but they're Elixir Polywebs which feel a tad stiffer than other strings I've tried.
GreenKnee

Post by GreenKnee »

Lovely guitar!

I don't think it's a 000 shape though. My Martin 000-15 is this body shape:

Simon

Post by Simon »

I've got me a Takamine G Series. I got it with some inheritance money when I turned 18. It's probably the only guitar I would never sell...

I want me one of these next though -

Look and sound lovely for the price.
sonicboom

Post by sonicboom »

Nice Martin Greenknee. Mahogany top? And that Takamine: also mahogany?

I think the whole body size 0 00 000 thing's a wee bit shady - I'm going by the 1930 Martin it's modelled on, really. Mine's listed either as a 000 or a parlour, which it isn't. It does look notably different from your Martin 'cos it's 12 to body, though.
GreenKnee

Post by GreenKnee »

sonicboom wrote:Nice Martin Greenknee. Mahogany top? And that Takamine: also mahogany?

I think the whole body size 0 00 000 thing's a wee bit shady - I'm going by the 1930 Martin it's modelled on, really. Mine's listed either as a 000 or a parlour, which it isn't. It does look notably different from your Martin 'cos it's 12 to body, though.
The whole thing is mahogany, which I was a skeptical about when I first got it (a surprise 18th birthday present) but it is actually really nice. Especially for finger picking stuff!
I'm no expert on acoustics, just most 000s nowadays are the shape of my Martin, but it may have changed at some point? Or it may not be the shape of the body, more the size possibly?
jumbledupthinking

Post by jumbledupthinking »

Mahogany is great for acoustics...Here's my Tanglewood:
Have had this for about a year and a half now. Took the action down a few months ago & it's definitely a keeper! Great for fingerstyle and DADGAD, which is what I gravitate towards when I play acoustic.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I never got into acoustic, i'd rather play Synth given the choice and i am first and foremost a guitar player.
dkoor

Post by dkoor »

Someday when I become a big boy (read=old fart) I'll get myself some nice Taylor or Martin... but until then I'll plink-plonk on my Epi. :?
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

I’m a fan of the shit plywood Fender DG-4 (don't get on with expensive acoustics)

Did jam a pickup in it though...
XY